Bykski 6900xt (6800?) water block - Anyone experience with this? Installation issue.

Associate
Hi,

I normally try and follow instructions on stuff like this to the letter, but the instructions are more or less non existent so I had to make an educated guess on where certain things would go.

My major concern is the main mounting screws. I took a guess that the plastic spacers are to insulate, then I used 5 of the spring loaded screws as highlighted in red:
image.png

Is this correct before I fill this with water?

Bonus question (not too worried about this). I reused the original backplate and used the long very wide headed Phillips head screws to mount it. They just seemed to fit too perfect for that not to be the correct thing to do. That won't cause issues will it?

str

str

Soldato

str

str

Soldato
Also looks like the screws for the block's back plate are needed. Do you have the block's back plate unless the original back plate has all the same screw holes?

Associate
OP
OK, so first of all thanks for that .us link str. Great help. I bought from an Aliexpress store and didn't think to check if Bykski had their own store somewhere.

From the Bykski site, I did use the correct insulators and screws for the main mounting, so that's a massive win :D

The only thing that seems to differ is that fifth screw. I only had 6 available screw holes on my block (the ones I used). I believe that middle one wasn't available. Looking at the positioning I'd wager the two screws off to the side will offer better weight distribution than the closer one, so I wonder did they change it at some point and not update the site? Either way, I'd believe the two screws instead of the one won't cause a problem.

On the back-plate screws, I *did* use the correct/intended screws. However Bykski assumes you're using their back-plate, which I am not, I am reusing the original one. On your point Soldato, the back-plate now sits out 1 or 2 mm more than it did originally (due to the new mounting), so not worried about shorts due to it. The screw holes on the new block line up with the old back-plate perfectly (which they have to, as they need to pass through the PCB).

Think I'm good to go. Thanks for both your help!

Back
Top Bottom