C&C Uber Mega Special Super Ultra Edition

Soldato
Red Alert has a the nostalgia factor for me, as it was the game that got me into pc gaming proper. But RA2 is simply fantastic. I recommend everyone hunts down a utility called TibEd with which you can customise the game and make your own units :p . Also, there was a map editor although i cna't remember the name.

Soldato
Yuri has to be the best expansion pack ever. Shame they did not make some more titles before the original Westwood team broke apart

If you can find it C&C Gold is an enhanced version of C&C1 but runs under Windows with slightly enhanced gfx (originally would only work under Dos or under a dos session in windows95).

Not sure the new compilation is gonna add much other than all titles on 1DVD (must be a DVD9 @ that as generals+zh alone is 3GB. RA1+2 is another 2GB).

Would like to see some of the earlier ones running under the Generals engine. This is easily doable as for the FMV they have access to the original files so could just recompress in bink, divx or avi formats. Knowing EA it will just be an as was XP compatible title.

Wonder when the next title is coming as nothing released for over 2 years when it is a strong franchise is a little unusual for EA!

Man of Honour
geeza said:
Redalert 1 is THE best strategy game of all time. The joy I got when I first played my mate over modem and we had an all out soviet war. little did he know i sent tanya round past his telsa defences and took out his entire base! ha ha ha

*points to sig*

WRONG!

XPE

XPE

Soldato
AWPC said:
Wonder when the next title is coming as nothing released for over 2 years when it is a strong franchise is a little unusual for EA!

a while ago they released an email saying they had started work on RA3, but i think it was canned when they last of the westwood team left EA :(

Associate
For me The best game was Red Alert 1. Spent many hours playing this game over the network with my brother.

I've got all the C&C series. I bought every one when they came out. The only two I was disappointed with was Tiberium Sun and Renegade. I still reguarly play Generals + Zero Hour and Red Alert 2.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Snow-Munki said:
wonder what changes they will make though ?

higher res on the original lot ?

if we are lucky they will make them playable on winxp and thats about it.

Soldato
XPE said:
if we are lucky they will make them playable on winxp and thats about it.
Lol, yeah the original CD doesn't run in XP but having played at my friend's house using some platinum series version of the game, it works on XP.

Soldato
JimJones said:
Generals don't cound as a C&C game. It isn't even slightly the same as the others. Good game tho but not a true C&C game.

True, but the pedigree shows. Compare it to other contenders such as Act of War.

Soldato
meh i seem to be the opposite of everyone else... red alert got me into rts games .. but ra2 and all the others that followed just seemed a bit stoopid in my opinion with all their random units that were completely off the wall ... in my mind generals seems a lot close to the original red alert than any of the ra sequels ever did

XPE

XPE

Soldato
smids said:
Lol, yeah the original CD doesn't run in XP but having played at my friend's house using some platinum series version of the game, it works on XP.

there was a patch you could download off westwood's site that would allow you to play it, but i think its long gone :(

Associate
Exorcist said:
Kari Wuhrer is uber fit

rofl! quoted for truth though ...

prob is . . . are you really gonna play EG the original command n conquer, in windows xp..possibly on a tft..at 640x480 or wth it was ??

i have my doubts as to the "usefulness" of a good 50% of the games in this pack,even though at the time they were a great load of fun !

Soldato
I have almost all of the original games (except for the Aftermath expansion pack)and the only 1 which is any trouble to get running under XP is the original C&C1. All of the others work perfectly. You need to locate a small IPX stack patch for RA1/2 (look @ the C&C mod community forums to locate it)but the rest are fine. Unless this compilation is real cheap/adds new features you are better just sticking with the originals if you still have them.

Back
Top Bottom