C&C Uber Mega Special Super Ultra Edition

Soldato
Just got the game! I haven't even tried installing it yet. The first disapointment is that the cardboard box it comes in, just contains a normal PCDVD case and a spacer. There is a mini 2 sided poster inside the case tho'.

I can't wait to try it. Might watch the bonus DVD over lunch.

(Note: Yes it is legit, this copy came direct from EA. Don't ask.)

Soldato
DJammyRasta said:
meh i seem to be the opposite of everyone else... red alert got me into rts games .. but ra2 and all the others that followed just seemed a bit stoopid in my opinion with all their random units that were completely off the wall ... in my mind generals seems a lot close to the original red alert than any of the ra sequels ever did

TOTALLY agreed. Red Alert 1 was my favourite RTS game for a long time, until Total Annhilation :) Everything about the game stank of class and professionalism. None of the games until Generals really kept me entertained for long.

Back in the days of the RA ladders, my Uncle and Dad were ranked 13 and 33rd respectively - largely due to the "Q move" :p

-RaZ

Associate
I remember years ago me and a mate had C&C (think it was RA, not sure) on the original Playstation. We linked them up, so 2 TV's and 2 PS1s and had mah00sive battles. The framerate when we amassed armies of 50+ MAMMOTH tanks each was hilarious, around 1 frame every 5 seconds when all these tanks were on the move. :D

Soldato
I really like this series, but zero hour was a let down as it really slowed down on high end pcs with 8player maps + lots of bots, i had unplayable lag :(.

Associate
geeza said:
Redalert 1 is THE best strategy game of all time. The joy I got when I first played my mate over modem and we had an all out soviet war. little did he know i sent tanya round past his telsa defences and took out his entire base! ha ha ha

LOL Amen to that my friend, Red Alert did and still does rock! God damn those phone bills!

Soldato
Just for the sake of it.

Who can name me the one Command and Conquer game, NOT included in this pack?

(No you don't win anything, but just to see who knows their C&C history :))

XPE

XPE

Soldato
dont think Sole survivor works any more does it ? (seeing how it was online only )

Last edited:
Soldato
I kinda didn't like the Generals interface, maybe you get used to it, but I much preferred the top-down interface of RA2 in terms of playability.

Man of Honour
Not all games benefit from a move to 3d, some titles just seem easier to follow from a 2d/isometric viewpoint. For example in fighting games I'm not a fan of 3d... Streetfighter Alpha 2 is better than any of these 3d mumbojumbo beat'em ups. Some strategy games can get a bit confusing or hard to see what's going on in 3d, I mean take civ, is there really anything wrong with the oldschool top-down look.

Heck, I even prefer chess to use a 2d rather than 3d representation of the board.

Soldato
generals is a c&c, but because ea bought out westwood, the game would be quite different as there were different people working on it, ea kinda ruined the cnc series i think, although generals is still an excellent game

XPE

XPE

Soldato
kreeeee said:
generals is not C&C, it was just another RTS with the C&C name tacked on, hence why it plays nothing like any other C&C ever made.

Couldnt agree with you more.

Even C&C renegade manage to have a little bit of that C&C sprit.

Back
Top Bottom