C&C Uber Mega Special Super Ultra Edition

Associate
Ive have got to get this game. But is the old C&C networkable? I remember the patch to get it to run in XP removed the multiplayer, so will have EA recoded this so that it now works?

Also, the first C&C (Tiberium Dawn) rocked so hard that the rest of the RTS genre has been obscured in its mighty shadow ever since (that includes Starcraft BTW).

Soldato
Kodiak said:
Also, the first C&C (Tiberium Dawn) rocked so hard that the rest of the RTS genre has been obscured in its mighty shadow ever since (that includes Starcraft BTW).

When Kree comes back, you'll have some explaining yourself to do :p

Associate
I think you can network the stuff pre RA2 but it's over IPX, I have a link at home somewhere (in uni at the mo) will update post with it when I get in. I'm tempted to spend sometime setting up a network game of RA1 or RA2 with my mate's :D

aaazza

Associate
Didnt seem enough units in Generals, never tried it with the Zero Hour Expansion pack though i imagine that adds quite a few..

RA2 is the winner for me in the C+C series.

Man of Honour
Killerkebab said:
When Kree comes back, you'll have some explaining yourself to do :p

*searches further up thread*
hrmm...

Kodiak said:

Ever played StarCraft online? That is by far the best RTS game ever concieved bar none. The balance and sheer variety in the deceptively simple package ensure it will remain the worlds most played online game for many years to come.

gg TD, you tried hard but failed spectacularly. GGNORE!

Soldato
Guys im gonna get this game but can someone tell me if the games come with the latest patches installed? Or am i gonna have to patch each game manually?

Man of Honour
The games all have the latest patches.

aaazza said:
Does that mean if you want a LAN game you have to do this (internet game) and not the IPX stuff?

aaazza

Yes, only for RA1. All other games work fine via LAN after you use those tweaks.

Soldato
oh quick question about Yuri's revenge, as it is my first time playing it.

in coop mode you can play in campaign mode, is it possible to save it or do you have to play through all the maps in one go ?

Associate
Guys, remember to save regularly on the missions I just accidently blew something up I shouldn't of (radar dome) and it cost me 45 mins of playing time! Now I remember why I used to love to hate RA1 sometimes :D!

aaazza

Associate
Does anyone know what resolution red alert 1 plays in through this? I think it is sub 640x480 and I have it at 100hz, but I can't check on my monitor OSD.

Cheers,

aaazza

Associate
TrueBlue said:
(bar Renegade)

Never, i spent 3 years of my life leading a cnc renegade clan, were were amongst the best, the single player sucks, but i urge you to get into the multiplayer side of it, its basically halo before halo.

Associate
Blackstar_solar said:
In one DVD box set every C&C game ever!

* Command & Conquer Gold
* Command & Conquer Covert Operations (EP)
* Command & Conquer Red Alert
* Command & Conquer Red Alert Aftermath (EP)
* Command & Conquer Red Alert Counterstrike (EP)
* Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun
* Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun Firestorm (EP)
* Command & Conquer Renegade
* Command & Conquer Red Alert 2
* Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge (EP)
* Command & Conquer Generals
* Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour (EP)

Every C&C Game ever!? I think not! i dont see C&C sole survivor in the list!!?

Associate
lol. Forgot about Sole Survivor. Seeing that it's a multiplayer game and it ran on IPX there would be little point on including a game that wouldn't work on XP. But yea, "In one DVD box set every C&C game ever!", i think not! :p

Back
Top Bottom