C.V advice

Associate
Hi2u!!

OK, my current c.v has been designed in PDF format........... do you think thats a wise idea? Do you think i should have a word document instead?

How many of you have PDF format CV's?

Reason i ask is i prefer the look of the PDF compared to a word doc, but some people tell me that it probably isnt a good idea to keep it in PDF format as a lot of people dont have the software to read it.... ?

Soldato
just send both formats, or check what format is required. if in doubt send in MS .doc format.

remember a CV should not be flashy, it should just present all relevant information in a clear and simple manor.

Soldato
I stick with Word as its a safe bet, everyone has something capable of displaying it on their pc. You should be ok with a PDF but I'm of the school of thought that a well presented postal application is much better than an electronic one.

Soldato
The only drawback may be where the odd place will only allow the uploading of a word.doc for an online application. Plus you will limit your ability to reformat/amend.

I have sent mine out in HTML format in the past but when others looked at it it was sometimes a mess dependant on their set up.

Back
Top Bottom