C8H WiFi memory woes

Associate
Hi guys, I recently upgraded to bios 3204 to try out the resizable bar, all seemed ok until today when I had a couple of crashes, then real issues trying to reboot. Reset CMOS and booted into windows fine once I’d dealt with cpu fan errors (custom water. loop). I then went back into the bios changed the memory to XMP same way I had before (DOCP Standard) but the PC will then get stuck at various stages of the bios, rebooting after f9 and then sticking with different codes.

ive spent this evening trying different things ending with 120%, 1.45v where I’m stuck at Q-code 22 which requires a CMOS reset to get back into the bios.

DRAM Current capability 100% - 110% - 120%
DRAM voltage - 1.35V - 1.40V - 1.45V

I’m running C8HW, 3900x, 3090FE, 4 x 8GB Samsung b-die rated at 3600 16-16-16-36 which I appreciate can be tricky but worked fine until the bios update.

I’d really appreciate it if someone could give me a few pointers on what to try next, apologies in advance for daft questions as I don’t venture into the bios unless necessary

Associate
You could try either rolling back to the past bios version you were using or version 3401 which is the latest to see how they compare.

Associate
OP
You could try either rolling back to the past bios version you were using or version 3401 which is the latest to see how they compare.

I figured out the issue. Coincidentally one of my ram sticks had died. I managed to narrow it down by doing the old swaperoo and found one stick wouldn’t allow the PC to post under any conditions where as the other 3 will post at default and with XMP enabled.

It took a while to figure this out after convincing myself it was a bios issue...

Back
Top Bottom