Cable managment. Do you?

Soldato
C to an extent; I do the best possible in about half an hour or so...means that I generally have a couple of 3-pin fan cables running along the front, but the rest are happily tucked away.

Soldato
a)

my pc sits under my desk so who cares what it looks like. and i've never had a problem with overheating. even playing games on hot days isn't a problem so why would i care about temps.

Associate
I'm about to build a new machine....

Is cable tidying actually worth doing for performance reasons?
Does it actually substantively help airflow?

I can see the idea for cases with windows, but my case (CM Gladiator RC-600) doesn't have a window - so I wondered if it was worth the hassle? :)

Thanks.

Associate
I'm about to build a new machine....

Is cable tidying actually worth doing for performance reasons?
Does it actually substantively help airflow?

I can see the idea for cases with windows, but my case (CM Gladiator RC-600) doesn't have a window - so I wondered if it was worth the hassle? :)

Thanks.

Its only worth it if the case is a complete mess, if the cables are reasonably tidy and air can move relatively unrestricted then any thing more is about looks. if you think your tempratures are fine then theres no reason to make work.

I try to go for c but its not always worth it if cables need to be extended, it can be too much, I just try to go for whats sensable.

Soldato
I try C.

IMG_1280.JPG

Soldato
Braiding seems like too much work for me particularly as I don't have a window.

I'm happy enough that I've got as many cables as possible tucked out of the way.

Associate
People keep asking if theres any benefit and there is to an extent, but you only really need to do B, anything more is purely cosmetic. The odd wire wont be too bad for airflow. I dont have a window in my case either but like to keep it all as tidy as possible anyway, just because otherwise i'd know its a mess and it would annoy me even though i couldnt see it haha

Back
Top Bottom