Call of Duty 17: Black Ops Cold War

ne0

ne0

Associate
Can someone confirm if this issue is fixed for them now? Below is from the official patch notes but for me the issue is still there.

• Settings
    • Addressed an issue where the Screen Space Reflections setting was stuck on Low Quality.

Associate
Can someone confirm if this issue is fixed for them now? Below is from the official patch notes but for me the issue is still there.

• Settings
    • Addressed an issue where the Screen Space Reflections setting was stuck on Low Quality.
Nope, its still happening for me as well. It'sa pretty shoddy state that this game was released in for PC tbh, Im getting really random FPS drops to the mid 40s or so in the campaign when neither CPU nor GPU usage are close to topping out with a RTX 3080FE - multiplayer runs smooth as silk

Associate
If I'm in the wrong place to ask this then I apologise!

But I would like to get cold war and not sure which platform to get it on. I have a pc with a Geforce 1660 super and a i3 8350k with 16 gb of ram. I have an Xbox one S 1tb that I did play the beta on. I was wondering if my pc would play it better than my Xbox One? Or If I should buy the cross platform bundle and just play it on the Xbox One for now until I upgrade to a series X.

Cheers in advance!

ne0

ne0

Associate
Nope, its still happening for me as well. It'sa pretty shoddy state that this game was released in for PC tbh, Im getting really random FPS drops to the mid 40s or so in the campaign when neither CPU nor GPU usage are close to topping out with a RTX 3080FE - multiplayer runs smooth as silk

so what gives? They fixed it for consoles and just ignored PC?

Soldato
If I'm in the wrong place to ask this then I apologise!

But I would like to get cold war and not sure which platform to get it on. I have a pc with a Geforce 1660 super and a i3 8350k with 16 gb of ram. I have an Xbox one S 1tb that I did play the beta on. I was wondering if my pc would play it better than my Xbox One? Or If I should buy the cross platform bundle and just play it on the Xbox One for now until I upgrade to a series X.

Cheers in advance!
Series X will be easily more powerful than your current rig. You can also use kbm on it as well so my money would go Xbox if you're going to get a series x

Associate
This is pretty much unplayable for me due to crashes. Getting fatal errors, and am booted to desktop. First few missions were fine, but the one where you get to the big bunker building keeps crashing not long into the mission (not always the same point).

Playing with a 3090 with settings maxed and the HD textures installed. I've tried reinstalling drivers, with no luck. Currently trying a scan and repair to see if it picks anything up.

Soldato
It is such as shame that ray tracing forces Filmic SMAA tx2 anti aliasing. I absolutely cannot stand the bluriness that anti aliasing brings, makes the game looks worse in my view.

Caporegime
Loaded up Zombies, now it looks like this

Clipboard01.jpg

Caporegime
Heads up! - Sharpen doesn't work by default using the Nvidia control panel for Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War as it breaks lighting, so it's disabled (OFF)! You can however use Geforce Experience + Sharpen Filters instead

Associate
Loving Cold War at the moment the MP is fun with smaller maps and fast action objective modes. Doesn't look as nice as MW though IMO but CW seems to play so brilliantly.

I've been sniping with the Remington build with max attachment perk which I think I've found hits really well on maps like Nuke-town.
I also love the sound of the gun.

Runs flawlessly on my all stock 5900X - 6800XT - SAM enabled rig. Capped frames at 100hz/100FPS and I'm playing at 3440x1440p on an OCd Samsung S34J550 Ultrawide.

Not sure how this will look but here is a quick video capture of the best bits of this game on Nuke Town from the Theatre. :)

Soldato
So maybe i'm being stupid here but since day 1 on the game i've got into the games with lots more players on the large maps by clicking on featured multiplayer and selecting the moshpit thing. Now that is just 6v6 and i can't seem to find any way to join that old game mode. Any ideas?

Soldato
So maybe i'm being stupid here but since day 1 on the game i've got into the games with lots more players on the large maps by clicking on featured multiplayer and selecting the moshpit thing. Now that is just 6v6 and i can't seem to find any way to join that old game mode. Any ideas?

Click Quick Play
Select which modes you want to randomly play
Click Find Match

Soldato
Mate of mine tried to play with i5 6600k with 2080 in 1080p, ran like trash for him. 100% cpu usage and like 20% gpu usage lol with very low fps. Single digit 99% minimums lol.

Back
Top Bottom