Call of Duty 2 online

Soldato
da_mic_1530 said:
brecourt, in my day i could wipe out whole teams with a rifle as german, im not exxagerating either

I use kar98, but i am far from pro with it :D my excuse is i only started playing cod when cod 2 came out. i tried cod 1 when it first came out but didnt like it so went back to mohaa.

if you like UO and rifle only [Celts] rifle only S&D is a good one that i play on a lot......i play with the russian rifle on that

Associate
Yeah I remember Ad and Del from Seren... Don't remember your nick though! Xtremists were pretty poo anyways tbh... About half of us left one night after we got so annoyed with one of the leaders making up stupid rules - in the end we had a match to play, all of us gave lame excuses for not wanting to play in it. Then Ranger (the guy who we hated) said 'If you're not playing then leave'. So about 9 of us did!

Caporegime
the_brainaic said:
Yeah I remember Ad and Del from Seren... Don't remember your nick though! Xtremists were pretty poo anyways tbh... About half of us left one night after we got so annoyed with one of the leaders making up stupid rules - in the end we had a match to play, all of us gave lame excuses for not wanting to play in it. Then Ranger (the guy who we hated) said 'If you're not playing then leave'. So about 9 of us did!
jeNK^

Soldato
Dj_Jestar said:
Nades are pretty much the only reason I play rifle only.. they seem to be the only servers that don't have nades on.

Cod1 was ruined, especially in match play, by nades. No longer did it come down to who had the better skill, it came down to who knew how to throw a nade 6 pixels from the left of a particular cloud whilst crouching and leaning into a corner, then bounce it off the top of a headlamp, onto a plant, onto the wall then up into a window.

Was stupid.

You kidding? Tac nades were pretty much the most amazing thing you could do on COD! :p
Nah, they were great when you could pull them off, but I much preferred the rifles only matches with nothing but a rifle.

Caporegime
p4radox said:
You kidding? Tac nades were pretty much the most amazing thing you could do on COD! :p
Nah, they were great when you could pull them off, but I much preferred the rifles only matches with nothing but a rifle.
You've obviously never played against Victum, aS, eximius or ethix.. those guys would spend hours if not days practicing repeatable nades.

Last edited:
Associate
The thing is especially in cod 2 the maps are so damn small you can pretty much tac nade the other teams spawn from your own and block off all the routes, it would be better if the grenades where shorter range and required you to 'power' your throws by holding the lob grenade buttons, would make them a lot more difficult to use and the shorter range would remove the problem of spawn nading in matches. Not everyone in the army could throw damn nades like they where playing for the ashes.

Soldato
Lagmeister said:
The thing is especially in cod 2 the maps are so damn small you can pretty much tac nade the other teams spawn from your own and block off all the routes, it would be better if the grenades where shorter range and required you to 'power' your throws by holding the lob grenade buttons, would make them a lot more difficult to use and the shorter range would remove the problem of spawn nading in matches. Not everyone in the army could throw damn nades like they where playing for the ashes.

Yeah I'd agree with that. It'd be nice to see a mod/patch with shorter nade throws. Some of the maps on COD2 have the spawns way too close together.

I used to play a HQ public server on COD called [UDDP], and they had a great mod with shorter nades, and medics. Really well thought out and well balanced.

Soldato
Dj_Jestar said:
Nades are pretty much the only reason I play rifle only.. they seem to be the only servers that don't have nades on.

Cod1 was ruined, especially in match play, by nades. No longer did it come down to who had the better skill, it came down to who knew how to throw a nade 6 pixels from the left of a particular cloud whilst crouching and leaning into a corner, then bounce it off the top of a headlamp, onto a plant, onto the wall then up into a window.

Was stupid.

Look on HQ and look for 4mori.cantina. Disables weapons like trench gun and ppsh and mp44 and limits the snipers to 2/team and only one nade pperson. :)

Back
Top Bottom