1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty 4

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ChrisLandin, 10 Mar 2010.

1. ChrisLandin

Wise Guy

Hi all,
    I know its an oldish game now but I loved it for my xbox. Anyways I have a gamepad for my pc but it just seems that default controls for this game are keys and mouse and I really suck at using them as methods of control. I was wondering if there is a way to get the game to use my control pad as an input option?

2. Tripnologist

Mobster

Hate to say it but you'll do worse with a gamepad than the keyboard/mouse on pc version. There is no way you'd be able to aim quick enough with a pad.

3. ChrisLandin

Wise Guy

Cheers for the reply buddy, cant get the pad to work anyhow!

4. Anominity

Hitman

Although I am in the "Keyboard and mouse are better for fps" crowd, I will try to help you with this anyway.

I have never used a controller on a PC, however from reading around it seems that your only option for getting a contoller to work in CoD4 (It is not supported natively) is this application, http://www.xpadder.com/, which maps keyboard and mouse features to your contoller :)

Hope that helps!

5. overclick

Hitman

I would seriously recommend seeing if you can get used to keyboard and mouse. It is a much better control system for FPS games. If you get used to it you will never go back!