Call of Duty Black ops 4 (PC)

Soldato
Might help someone..

PC players hoping to start playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 the moment it goes live may have found a way to pre-load the game without owning it.

Earlier today, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 players on PC discovered that if you didn’t delete your beta install, the game will update itself to the full, launch version.

Battle.net, which is the only way to play Black Ops 4, automatically checks for updates for all of your installed games. This would explain why beta installs are being updated to the full version.

Reddit user CrypticPlayer was the first to report their findings, but players realised this isn’t the only to pre-load the game without a code.

Mendecj812, another Reddit user, found out that you can force Battle.net to download the full game without even having the beta installed.

To do this, you’ll need to navigate to where Battle.net is installed and press Shift while right-clicking. If you select ‘Open PowerShell Window Here’, you’ll be able to type in a code that will trigger the download. Just type “.\Battle.net.exe –game=viper –install” without the the quotation marks.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/10/10/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-how-to-preload-pc-without-a-code/

Soldato
Did any of you get a code from the Asus gfx card promotion recently? If so did it work and you got your game? I got a code sent via email from Asus, but the code didn't seem to work on Activisions site.

Soldato
OP
Just got home and activated my key from CD keys. Downloading it now ready for a weekend session!

If anyone wants their battlenets putting into the OP so others can add you to play together post them in here and il update the op once a day ish.

Soldato
OP
Did any of you get a code from the Asus gfx card promotion recently? If so did it work and you got your game? I got a code sent via email from Asus, but the code didn't seem to work on Activisions site.

Are you putting the code in correctly?

I was doing it like XXXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XXX but it seems activision don't want the - in there. Just write it all out in one long string like xxxxxxxxxxxxx that worked for me.

Soldato
Are you putting the code in correctly?

I was doing it like XXXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XXX but it seems activision don't want the - in there. Just write it all out in one long string like xxxxxxxxxxxxx that worked for me.

Hmm, the code I got was in this format: XXXX-XXXXX-XXXX . I tried with and without dashes, even tried typing it in instead of copy and pasting with no luck. Tried 3 different browsers and they all say its an incorrect code.

Asus are useless and the email link they give to contact should there be a problem just bounces back. Activision said the code went though and I should get a code in 20 days, but the code I just received was supposed to be the code that could take 20 days... It seems after googling there are a few others having an issue and Activision support are giving different answers to everyone, so i'm not very hopeful at all.

Back
Top Bottom