Call of Duty Black ops 4 (PC)

Associate
It's pegging my 1080ti @ 120hz ultrawide 3440x1440, as expected, runs smooth as silk with everything turned upto 11.
The skill of some players are just insane.

Anyways, looks like you have to get level 6 before you can create a custom class.
Even then it's all locked out behind weapon level-ups, (as is the blops way)but if you use a pre-set class, then the weapons come with a lot of the gear pre-installed that you would otherwise have to wait to use in a custom class, make sense?
Making it easier to level a weapon up that you could then use in a custom class, assuming the pre-set class is using a weapon that you want to use in a custom class.

Associate
I Hate call of duty … its a derivative , rehashed pile of garbage , and for once I cant wait to play it ! .

Tbh the only reason I am buying the game is because of blackout . MP for me will be try and see as weapon balancing is siding towards close quarter action as all the previous games have done. Zombies never interest me but again try and see.

For once , I am happy with what the PC version brings to the table especially as when I tried the beta it was head and shoulders above PUBG in gameplay , performance and even graphics ( although the latter is subjective for most I talk to )

Did they confirm they would be starting at 120hz/120fps cap and then looking to unlock down the line when they've analysed ?

The last cod game I bought and even played was the original blackops I havnt even had a little go of any cod since then which was 2010.. Holy **** 8 years ago, time is going way to fast. I've bought this simply for the blackout.

Associate
For once , I am happy with what the PC version brings to the table especially as when I tried the beta it was head and shoulders above PUBG in gameplay , performance and even graphics ( although the latter is subjective for most I talk to )

Lets not make out as if blackops is going to be a better BR than PUBG etc...
Gameplay is way better in pubg, due to the lean towards more realism and the need to use more tactics, with better gunplay. COD gunplay has always been a little pants overall.
Performance (fps) is better in PUBG than in blackout for the moment.
Graphics, each to their own really. Turning all settings up - PUBG is a great looking game, if you're after shiny looking buildings and bright places to play - then blackops is for you, but it's not better/worse IMO.

I thought it would important that I level the playing field by commenting on your off the cuff remark about pubg. I'll be playing both, hopefully they've fixed some of the inventory window/looting ability in this release.

Soldato
OP
Might grab this as I need something different to PUBG..cheapest place to grab this?

Probably still cdkeys, check dlcompare it's like compare the market for cd keys ( just read reviews of sites first )

Lets not make out as if blackops is going to be a better BR than PUBG etc...
Gameplay is way better in pubg, due to the lean towards more realism and the need to use more tactics, with better gunplay. COD gunplay has always been a little pants overall.

I think it's a personal choice really what you consider to be better. So far after several hours of beta and launch of blackout. I can say im having a lot more fun and think it's a better experience so far than what i have on pubg and i have several hundreds of hours on it likely even approaching thousands.

Pubg is more "realistic" but if you want realism then you don't buy cod we all know this. It's a fun, fast paced, polished and smooth experience and is arguably more polished than pubg is in it's current state. This probably stems from money and access to huge resources on treyarch/blizz/activision side ect.

The movement system certainly is leagues ahead of pubg but that stems down to that word realism again. pubg is slow and clunky, like real life. This is really fast slidy and instant sprinting. Sure it's not realistic but for some of us it offers a "better" experience even though it's not realistic.

Associate
I totally agree with your @harry5522
I don't disagree with any of your comments, since I know both games are aiming for different styles and different approaches to the game, blackout has to, otherwise it would just be the same and wouldn't make a huge amount of ££/$$.
I'm looking forward to a bit more fast paced game time in blackout, although I do find myself switching back to PUBG after a couple of hours on the blackout beta.
There's something I just cant put my finger on when it comes to winning a game. I just dont find it as rewarding, if you know what I mean?

But it's like you say, it depends what kinda game your looking for.

Soldato
OP
I think pubg and fortnite are both too big to die for a fair few years at least.

Cod needs to find it's audience over the coming months before we can see where it will end up :D

have to say im disappointed that i need to leave for work :( would much rather have a day long bash! WEEKEND

Soldato
OP
Okay off to work now chaps! Had good fun this morning. Think zombies has been my favorite part so far :)

Will give blackout a more lengthy play tomorrow. Sad that I've had a few server crashes however. Two in main cod and one in blackout lobby. Im hoping it's down to a lot of people playing on the servers due to day 1.

Have fun everyone!

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Very impressed with the way it runs, its been silky smooth this morning when I tested it before work.

120-150fps with all the pretty bits turned on @ 1440P with a 1080Ti.

Associate
Very impressed with the way it runs, its been silky smooth this morning when I tested it before work.

120-150fps with all the pretty bits turned on @ 1440P with a 1080Ti.
Yep it runs great, and dare I say, some of the lighting on the maps would give raytracing a run for its money.
Loving playing Breach, the amount of people barbed wire and the barricade kill is quite hilarious at times. I must enjoy it while people don't realise the cade microwaves you to death if you get close. :D

Back
Top Bottom