Call of Duty Black ops 4 (PC)

Associate
has there been any benchmarks for this game done yet? wondering how it runs on a Ryzen 1700 and Vega 64...
Ryzen 1600 and 1080ti
Can tickle 120fps at 3440x1440p with everything maxed out, but dropped a few things to keep it pegged high, as I need all the help I can get.
Does seem strangely high on cpu usage though, could even compare it to BF1 in that regard, least on my little Ryzen.
There are so many options in the settings, a potato could dial in some settings and have a great time.

Thats normal multiplayer, not tried Blackout yet as it is super rage inducing :mad:

Associate
Is there a way to see how many people are playing this on Battle.net? Like you can on Steam.
Don't think so, Blizzard not into releasing player counts anymore.
Strange to say Blizzard and CoD in same sentence..

No dought Treyarch will float some bragging numbers out for launch day, needless to say it's gonna be in the hundreds of thousands on console, probably even for PC.

Soldato
"It's hard to say goodbye." Viss 2018

What has some streamers uninstalling Pubg got to do with what I asked? Of course streamers are going to switch to Cod, console kids are going to be pouring onto twitch like they did with Fortnite, so streamers want a taste of them Twitch Primes. I'm more interested in if the game is doing well as I (hopefully) own it.

Associate
Enough CoD for me for one day, was a flawless launch.
No problems since the servers popped up 30mins early.

Gone form being absolutely terrible player to just terrible in 1 day.
Going to take a long time to learn all the maps, liking control mode at the minute, where people actually kinda sorta sometimes work as a team.

Doesn't seem too much if any of that quick scoping nonsense, the ttk is absolutely perfect, seems ridiculous when your on the receiving end of it. but after a few hours when you settle into your weapon, it's just perfect.
A class even has armor I saw if you fancy that little extra padding on the belly.

Thumbs up from a Battlefield player :)
Nice change of pace. (and not even touched Blackout or Zombies yet)

Associate
Lets not make out as if blackops is going to be a better BR than PUBG etc...
Gameplay is way better in pubg, due to the lean towards more realism and the need to use more tactics, with better gunplay. COD gunplay has always been a little pants overall.
Performance (fps) is better in PUBG than in blackout for the moment.
Graphics, each to their own really. Turning all settings up - PUBG is a great looking game, if you're after shiny looking buildings and bright places to play - then blackops is for you, but it's not better/worse IMO.

I thought it would important that I level the playing field by commenting on your off the cuff remark about pubg. I'll be playing both, hopefully they've fixed some of the inventory window/looting ability in this release.

Personally I'm burnt on pubg , again I'm just stating opinion rather than a dead cert fact but whilst I love more realistic gameplay there's a fine line for me ... I've played enough PUBG since its early acess and watched it evolve into something fairly unspectacular. Gameplay is tight on COD and I find PUBG for all its glory handles much like DayZ for me personally and as much as I also loved that game its ultimately what stopped me playing . it will take me a long time on bo4 to say if the BR mode will.be better or not but already its more inviting. Performance is most likely better on Intel setups and whilst there is a framecap in play on bo4 my experience from the beta is that it was more consistant in terms of framerate , felt smoother and even with my gsync panel pubg does drop frames noticibly however I felt very little on COD . I'm in no way a cod fan , I actually love to loath it ...but at least here on my system it plays better and feels better. As I said graphics are subjective and I've spoke to many who feel the same as you , but its less rough to the eye and why true detail in textures and assets does lie better with pubg the overall presentation is nice again IMO on bo4 .

Associate
I've not managed to play it yet, since beta. Anyone got any patch notes differences from the beta?

I'm probably going to be playing in a couple of hours after work. Anyone had trouble joining each others squads/teams, like they did in beta?
I've remotely opened up the ports for BO4 to bring my NAT to open - will be interesting to test that when I get home though.

Soldato
Not sure how fast a vega 64 is but no doubt it will run bloody well. There will probably be a lot more benchmarks in a week or so once blackouts FPS cap gets removed.

You would hope so, but alas there is some doubt after COD Advanced Warfare was released broken on AMD hardware and they never fixed it. Not falling for that again!

Associate
Really enjoying this playing on a 32:9 monitor and it has native support for it. Also has the normal support for 21:9. Everything on high and its all so smooth ! Another great game for cheap.

Soldato
OP
Really enjoying this playing on a 32:9 monitor and it has native support for it. Also has the normal support for 21:9. Everything on high and its all so smooth ! Another great game for cheap.

Glad about 21:9 surprised by 32:9 that said watching the video from digital foundry it seemed clear they were working hard to make it the best it could he no matter what hardware you was using.

Back
Top Bottom