Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is hard rebooting my PC :(

Associate
Hi,

For some unknown reason when I begin matchmaking on Modern Warfare my PC shuts down and reboots. The first couple of time it happened I had a black screen telling me certain overclocking peramiters had failed, everything was reset to default values and to press F2 to continue.

In the BIOS i had done no CPU overclocking but had switched on the XMP profile to get the full 3000mhz from my RAM modules. What is strange is that I hadnt had this issue from day one, this has since only been affecting my machine for around 3 days. I left the XMP off and ran at 2400mhz which got me a few games.

To rule everything out, I reset the values on my GPU to stock too. Since then my PC has still be shutting and rebootinmg but is not taking me to the screen to tell me overclocking has failed, instead it returns me to ther log in screen.

I have no idea if this is because of an update to the game, the GPU driver or something I am missing.

My system consists of:
i5 6600K
Corsair h100i V2
16GB 3000mhz DDR4
RX580 8GB
EVGA Supernova 750w G2

Any suggestions would be great :)

Associate
I recently upgraded but had a similar ish experience, day 1 it was working just about fine, crashed out of the larger games but generally could play a few. After I think the 4th update I could barely get to the lobby without it failing - the game is buggy as hell. I'd personally re-install and see where it gets you, worst case a clean os install.
Since upgrading my build, its very smooth at least..

Back
Top Bottom