Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Soldato
So I played a few matches tonight on ps4.

Two queries.

What are the # numbers after each players name - mine has been 0 all evening along with many others on my team and enemy. Others have 5-6 digit numbers.

Also, I have crossplay disabled on core game. But tonight I have had matches where lobby showed all players were on PSN, but 4-5 of the players had a picture of a mouse for control method. They all played like mousers too - one guy had 7kd. Another guy in another map had 9kd. What's the deal with that?

Associate

Two queries.

What are the # numbers after each players name - mine has been 0 all evening along with many others on my team and enemy. Others have 5-6 digit numbers.

Also, I have crossplay disabled on core game. But tonight I have had matches where lobby showed all players were on PSN, but 4-5 of the players had a picture of a mouse for control method. They all played like mousers too - one guy had 7kd. Another guy in another map had 9kd. What's the deal with that?

You can remove the unique ID numbers in the options, not sure why this has recently been enabled, possibly a bug?

The mouse icon means the player (PC/PSN/Xbox) is using mouse and keyboard. Which you can if you prefer that control method. Personally I can't stand playing FPS games with a joypad. I've been using this combination since the days of Doom 2 (1995-ish) and it's great to be able to choose your choice of preferred controller method finally on a console.

Associate

Two queries.

The numbers are if you have multiple accounts linked to you're activison account and so if you want to play with a friend on another system you can "add" them, then play with them.

Soldato
You can remove the unique ID numbers in the options, not sure why this has recently been enabled, possibly a bug?

The mouse icon means the player (PC/PSN/Xbox) is using mouse and keyboard. Which you can if you prefer that control method. Personally I can't stand playing FPS games with a joypad. I've been using this combination since the days of Doom 2 (1995-ish) and it's great to be able to choose your choice of preferred controller method finally on a console.

I didn't think you could play on mouse and kb on PSN without something like a XIM? I don't think mouse users should be put in pad lobbies if crossplay is off. Its a bit cheaty.

Associate
I didn't think you could play on mouse and kb on PSN without something like a XIM? I don't think mouse users should be put in pad lobbies if crossplay is off. Its a bit cheaty.
Yes you can play with KB and mouse if games supports it, same for Xbox. You have to remember these consoles are just PC’s now. I’m sure there is option to play with just controllers but could be wrong.

Soldato
Yes you can play with KB and mouse if games supports it, same for Xbox. You have to remember these consoles are just PC’s now. I’m sure there is option to play with just controllers but could be wrong.

OK I will look out for the option. Just seemed strange that I have only seen this last night. Perhaps the latest update reset or added some new options.

Soldato
OK I will look out for the option. Just seemed strange that I have only seen this last night. Perhaps the latest update reset or added some new options.

I can find an option to remove unique player codes but nothing to make sure I am only in lobbies with other pad players (with crossplay off).

If its something that starts to happen a lot then I'm gonna drop it on console - I'm not playing vs mouse and kb players, even if they are on console.

Soldato
I can find an option to remove unique player codes but nothing to make sure I am only in lobbies with other pad players (with crossplay off).

If its something that starts to happen a lot then I'm gonna drop it on console - I'm not playing vs mouse and kb players, even if they are on console.

You can disable cross play. I don't think you can specify joypads only tho.

Soldato
You can disable cross play. I don't think you can specify joypads only tho.

Yeah thats what I am saying. Even with crossplay off I expect to be put in lobbies where everyone uses the same control method.

I am seeing more instances of mouse players in pad lobbies, which is only something that's started happening recently - at least for me anyway).

Perhaps a matchmaking bug? Or perhaps something to do with parties using mixed control methods joining public lobbies? I'm not sure. I have played pretty solid over the weekend and thankfully its only happened in a handful of lobbies. But in one, 4 mouse players on same team. It was a massacre!

Soldato
I only play modern warfare as opposed to warzone and I've got to say its the most fun I've had in online multiplayer since the original modern warfare :)

Soldato
I only play modern warfare as opposed to warzone and I've got to say its the most fun I've had in online multiplayer since the original modern warfare :)

Yeah me too. But for the last couple of weeks - 8 out of 10 matches are just a laggy mess. Nothing but insta deaths and hitmarkers. In some instances hip firing at a large target and hitting the sum total of nothing. :(

Commissario
Season 6 has been almost unplayable for me on PS4 this evening, so many instances of the game randomly crashing and resulting in the blue error screen.

On the flip side, I found a durable gas mask for the first time in the bunker near prison!

Soldato
Season 6 has been almost unplayable for me on PS4 this evening, so many instances of the game randomly crashing and resulting in the blue error screen.

On the flip side, I found a durable gas mask for the first time in the bunker near prison!
I've crashed out with an error code once, but then also couldn't log back in as it thought I didn't have PS+. After a restart it worked again.

Also there's a bunch of glitches with the new metro in warzone. I am astonished by how many glitches they introduce with each update. They must have absolutely shocking testing processes.

On the plus side it looks like this new marksman rifle is a better version of the Kar98k which is my favourite weapon to use in warzone!

Commissario
I've crashed out with an error code once, but then also couldn't log back in as it thought I didn't have PS+. After a restart it worked again.

Also there's a bunch of glitches with the new metro in warzone. I am astonished by how many glitches they introduce with each update. They must have absolutely shocking testing processes.

On the plus side it looks like this new marksman rifle is a better version of the Kar98k which is my favourite weapon to use in warzone!
Yeh I need to give that new SPR rifle a go, IcemanIsaac has done a video on it and the range is maxed out :eek:

Associate
Can anyone help. I cant hear my friend on chat but I can talk and hear other members of the party. Hes on ps4, I'm on pc but 2 others are on ps4 and I can hear them. They can talk to him but i cant?
How can that be?

Back
Top Bottom