Calling All ET Players!

Soldato
SoF are all good players, have played against a few guys from that clan! :eek:

oh and can i see your config file as well please?

another87 @ hotmail dot com

thanks

:D

Soldato
I dont know if anyone can help me, but I've just changed from a Geforce II 64MB to a ATI X800XT PE 256MB Graphics card.

I have set the graphics in Catalyst 4.9 to max settings i.e Anistropic filtering/Antialiasing........

But compared to my Geforce II the graphics look jagged around the edges still usually at distance & I can see the edges moving as I move around.

Is there some setting I have missed to make the graphics look decent once again??

On a good note, I seem to have lost my lag..... I wonder why! lol ;)

Regards,

Associate
Originally posted by Nelly
I dont know if anyone can help me, but I've just changed from a Geforce II 64MB to a ATI X800XT PE 256MB Graphics card.

I have set the graphics in Catalyst 4.9 to max settings i.e Anistropic filtering/Antialiasing........

But compared to my Geforce II the graphics look jagged around the edges still usually at distance & I can see the edges moving as I move around.

Is there some setting I have missed to make the graphics look decent once again??

On a good note, I seem to have lost my lag..... I wonder why! lol ;)

Regards,

If you can post i screenshot I might be able to help :)

Soldato
does nobody else dislike the idea of different configs???
Its almost cheating and cant make the game fun, ive seen some with hoooooge views which makes everything look all squashed and silly and gamma level 3 makes it just too bright (and must be cheating because apparently PB kicks for level 4).

i much prefer the idea of everybody being on a level playingfield.

This is not a moan and i'm not putting people down who use em but i just wanted to get that off my chest.

Soldato
Originally posted by Chris [BEANS]
Its almost cheating and cant make the game fun, ive seen some with hoooooge views which makes everything look all squashed and silly and gamma level 3 makes it just too bright (and must be cheating because apparently PB kicks for level 4).

This is not a moan and i'm not putting people down who use em but i just wanted to get that off my chest.

kinda agree with you mate, havind had alook thorugh melon's config fils i have decided to stick with standard

thanks for the mail anyway melon

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by gjrc
kinda agree with you mate, havind had alook thorugh melon's config fils i have decided to stick with standard

thanks for the mail anyway melon
Yea ive always used the standard configs only different things ive used is the key binder and Lame.cfg ;)

Associate

everyone is essentially on the a level playing field, as all of the necessary config settings are restricted to the same values for everyone (this is done via punkbuster / league tournement server configs).

All of the tweaks that provide a massive advantage (like r_clamptoedge 0, which removes fog if you have an ATI card :eek: ) have now been restricted in the latest clanbase config :)

The only reason to tweak a config now is to get smoother frame rates & better fps (which helps put those with a slow computer up on a level playing field with those who have uber rigs) as well as personal preferance stuff, like brightness, visability and control options

Caporegime
my Wolf ET is being very weird, every time i do a new install some new problem will stop me from playing it. think i have actually got it working now tho :)

Soldato
Originally posted by Sysco
Oh,

anyone else know why all my details reset everytime i load the game?

Really annoys me.

im sure gjrc gave me a .bat file to keep em the same but i lost it when i had a re-install so i'd like it again too plz, plus how to get x-fire to execute the .bat.

Was it you gjrc?????

Soldato

I agree completely. Was gonna say something myself.

Soldato
Originally posted by Sysco
Oh,

anyone else know why all my details reset everytime i load the game?

Really annoys me.

Download this .bat HERE and put it in your Wolf - ET folder.

Subsitute 'Coogee' (my playing name) for yours, exactly as it is in the ETMain/Profiles folder.

The point your start icon or command line (in ASE for example) to this batch.

EDIT: Read HERE for info.

Soldato
Originally posted by Tried&Tested
Download this .bat HERE and put it in your Wolf - ET folder.

Subsitute 'Coogee' (my playing name) for yours, exactly as it is in the ETMain/Profiles folder.

The point your start icon or command line (in ASE for example) to this batch.

EDIT: Read HERE for info.

Thanks, works a treat

Back
Top Bottom