Camoe the scammer is pwnd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commissario
Well here's another twist to the story. I've just had two emails from him to confirm he's paid the remainder of what he owes me AND sent a full refund to Synixx. Winrar. :D

camoe-partial-refund2.png

So fair play, he paid up in the end. But I don't believe for one minute he'd have done so without this thread, the swift and decisive action of the Dons and the pressure everyone piled on with. Talk about the road to self-ruin. If he'd kept his mouth shut, paid up OUR money when we first asked, he'd still be here and his four accounts would have gone un-noticed for who knows how long. Oh well.

Why did he not respond to my emails! He could have saved himself all this humiliation.

TC.

Caporegime
Don't get me wrong, packaging delicate electronic products in the security of a thin sheet of plastic/paper is worthy of a smack on the back of the head. But you can see the corner he backed himself into, he's a young lad and probably spent the money as soon as it cleared on booze and pokemon cards. We've all done it. He's not some evil mastermind that a lot of people on here are making him out to be.

As much as I agree that this is the likely scenario, because the amounts of money involved were small, he could have refunded when he got paid at the end of July or before his two weeks holiday in Turkey or before buying a Mac or many other items he bought since on MM. He clearly had the funds but just refused to do so and hoped ocuk members would just go away.

Soldato
Changed. But wasn't it just Gilly who said he'd start banning people for it. Further more wasn't it against those who wouldn't read the original post's link / watch the video but still wanted to know anything about it? My query's a bit different. :p

Also, the post says:

Following a spate of this I'm now issuing a statement.

I'm going to start banning folk for posting nothing more than this in threads

That is all.

So you wouldn't be banned anyway :)

Soldato
Haha, there was something similar when Blizzard announced they would publish peoples names when they posted on their forums. Someone on here then said they had nothing to worry about as they kept their private details off the net.

Someone had his address inside a couple of hours.

That was some Blizzard employee who thought nothing would happen, the sheer amount of crap he had to deal with "irl" from doing so was overwhelming. And deserved for being so nieve.

ATTENTION: The people that have been scammed please report to the police, there was a similar case on AVforums a year ago and the scammer/scammers (I think they were in a small group) got arrested and I think they got charged in the end.

NOTE: The way they did it for so long without being caught is that they use usernames of existing members but add a . or a ;

sounds stupid, but believe me it worked for the scammers, so everybody please be careful.

:eek: There are a few people with various Lethal usernames here!! One of them have viewed my profile recently :eek:

Yep usually threads take a few days to reach 400, not a few hours :D

Forgetting the christmas number 1 thread?

Associate
My god, each time i got towards the end, another page appeared. This has passed my lunchtime at work in a better manner than I'd hoped. Vigilante Internet Forum Justice ***

Associate
Well here's another twist to the story. I've just had two emails from him to confirm he's paid the remainder of what he owes me AND sent a full refund to Synixx. Winrar. :D

I can confirm I have recieved a full refund in my paypal account. I doubt we would have recieved it without this thread so thanks to Lee and OCUK Detectives :eek: :D

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've just spent i dont know how long reading this... so much lol's.

Great way to spend a friday at work! :D

Good to see the fools paid up too. GJ guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom