Can a company do this?

Associate
I had some boxes in storage - a company called the boxman. I had 8 boxes in storage with them paying £40 a month - fine.

I needed some of the things from the boxes so got six of the boxes delivered back - (you pay basically £5 a box). I got the boxes delivered back and then sent the empty boxes home.

I assume my subscription will go to £10 a month.

However somehow now my subscription has gone up to £50 a month and they are saying i live in the minimum 10 box storage area ( I moved 2 mins away from the original address they picked the boxes up from).

To me this makes zero sense - I never agreed to the £50 a month they are trying to charge me .

Soldato
Are you on older Terms & Conditions? A quick search found this: https://boxman.co.uk/storage-prices/

Mind you, at the top of the search was this magnificent discovery!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Box_Man_(manga)

A man rides a scooter along with a cat-kappa creature and a box which holds a man with crab claws. A lizard jumps out of the water and shoots a beam at them out of its mouth, causing the scooter to crash, so the man buys a new one at a junkyard. As they are riding on a ledge, the front wheel falls off, and they fall into a canopy of cables. They continue on foot and two police officers stop them to inspect the box. The man in the box beheads one of the officers, while castrating the other, and they run and hide in a house. Inside, a floating head leads them to a menacing masked figure, who is appeased when he licks a psychoactive toad given by the man in the box and enters a trance. The group continues on to another house, where, along with a strange man, they observe various monsters harming humans. On a projector, one of the humans, a woman in latex and fishnet clothing, wrestles the strange man, killing him, but he doesn't die. As the groups leaves, some of the monsters follow and attack them, and they escape on a scooter stolen from a singer. As they are being chased, they run into police officers who recognize them, and the officers fight and kill the monsters. The officers chase them in a police car until they crash when outmaneuvered. The man takes the person in the box—his father who had gained a crab-like lower body—and leaves him, along with the creature, at the Sea of Decadence for his behavior.

Soldato
From the prices page have you been £40 (£5 per crate) to return your 8 crates + £10 for the 2 crates still in storage = £50?

Are you confusing next months invoice with a monthly subscription?

Back
Top Bottom