Can any internet wizards help me

Soldato
My mams internet is on talk talk and for about 3 months it's constantly dropping out I checked all setup and router today but I have no idea what the router stats mean , can anyone see anything obvious that would make her connection drop constantly

IMG_2401.jpg

Soldato
Nothing obvious. The downstream noise margin is low, but still within the normal range.

What do mean by constantly? Every 10 minutes? Once a day? Any pattern to it?

Have you checked for a voice fault? It's worth doing a quiet line test; you'd dial 17070 on a BT line, not sure about TalkTalk. Any noise (buzzing, crackling, etc.) should be reported as a voice fault (don't mention broadband).

Have you tried the master socket test port?

What have TalkTalk said?

Soldato
OP
Hi

It's dropping seems to be random just loses the internet connection on the router green light goes red then few secounds it's back on again. Doesn't seem to be a pattern. I haven't spoke to talk talk yet I will have to ring for her. When I lived there I know I had bethere as isp and the line kept dropping and they said my line couldn't handle the speed so they reduced the upload or something and was fine but since I moved out a couple years ago talk talk took it over and it's been terrible

Back
Top Bottom