Poll: Can girls and guys be 'just good' friends?

Which one are you?

• I can have a strictly platonic relationship with a woman.

Votes: 332 64.6%
  • I'm the type of guy who just can't keep it in his pants however hard I try.

Votes: 182 35.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yes but either they generally are unatractive or I already am in a good relationship. Also sometimes you can tell you are mates but know it would go horribly wrong if there was anything more and then you would lose a mate.

Soldato
Ive known a girl for about 14 years, allways flirts with me to death, going around to people for years saying how much she likes me, whenever i come to make a move its like "OMG were just friends" so i try and keep away from her now, i have grown a little more brains and see girls intentions are EVILLLL, make you feel like you have a chance so they have a bit of fun, then they screw you sideways!!!!, i do have women friends i cant say ive never thought about it though :D, but yeh i can be friends with women without expecting or wanting anything.

not that i would care anyway, ill wait untill im in my 20s next year, i cant be ****** with immature girls, get on my ****.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Tell that to queers :p
Their sexually is at least partially due to a cumulative selection of alleles which give a genetic advantage in their siblin... yeah, let's just not go down that route :p

The options of the poll, as light hearted as the poll is, aren't really fair. If there is a scale of 1-10 of feelings towards a friend, 1 being totally platonic and 10 being extremely attracted to said friend, then everyone is going to fit on that scale. I certainly contemplate where my friends sit on that scale - whilst many of them do sit at 1, over most certainly do not.

Last edited:

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Certainly. Although quite a few of my best friendships with girls have come from one of us liking the other previously.

Associate
Of course they can, I have several female friends I have absolutely zero intention of sleeping with.

Has the thought that they might want to sleep with you ever crossed your mind?

In which case the relationships wouldn't be strictly platonic like you thought it was.

This is a great thread. It opens a can of worms. I wouldn't say every relationship is platonic but many are aren't when people think they are. It only takes one person to have an . . . alternative track mind and they have obvious reasons to be deliberately dishonest about it. Sometimes even to themselves.

Last edited:
Caporegime
:confused:

I have loads of females as only good friends.....

But Tank is 100% right about girlfriends getting all paranoid and jealous...

I'm quite lucky, I have quite a few female friends, and two of them I would class almost as best friends, however my GF doesn't mind, and she knows one of them is my ex.

I have quite a few good friend who are females.

If any one of them threw themselves at me I'd sleep with them without a second thought.

That said, I havn't had any in a while.

True, I would say even though most are strictly plutonic, if they walked into my room but naked and said "take me now" (aside from birsting out laughing), I, and I doubt any man, wouldn't say no (that's if both of us were single).:p

Back
Top Bottom