Can i expect any discount on a Chanel J12 watch?

Associate
Associate
OP
lol - guys i'm not buying it to make a fashion statement - i'm buying it because i like the watch. Granted other people may not like it, but then so what? I will take a look at some others, but i'm more or less decided that its the one i'm going to get.

All i wanted to know is can i expect any discount on it, and if so how much.

Man of Honour
Well Rotty is your man, and he reckons you should expect a huge discount.

There are various reasons I guess.

• Movement
  • Quality
  • Name

If all you want is the looks (the only reason to buy it) why don't you buy a replica of it?

Associate
OP
Gilly said:
Well Rotty is your man, and he reckons you should expect a huge discount.

There are various reasons I guess.

• Movement
  • Quality
  • Name

If all you want is the looks (the only reason to buy it) why don't you buy a replica of it?

Well I'm going to take a look around - there arnt many places that stock it.

As for buying a replica - i dont do fakes. Granted it may look the same but at the end of the day its not the real things and it would always bug me.

Man of Honour
I know exactly what you mean about fakes. Honestly.

But when you're only buying a watch for the looks (ie, with a good copy the movements and quality will be the same) then there's really no point shelling out for the original...

Associate
OP
True - but like i said, the whole fake thing is just wrong. I'm going to take a look at a few other watches as i'm not fully decided as it is a fairly large amount of cash. going to see what sort of discount i can get.

I was going to buy it today on interest free, but then they checked and said this wasnt availble to me as i'm a student, so they've reserved it and i'm going to pop back next week.

Man of Honour
Thing is, you need to look past the word 'fake'.

Its not fake, its a replica. Its the same quality, its the same looks, its the same action.

It just happens to be a tenth of the price.

Up to you at the end of the day, but its madness...

Associate
OP
as Maz said, i can buy a fake but i'll always know its not the real thing, and i'd hate for someone to come and point out 'haha look at your fake watch'

i'm the same with clothes - VW fakes tee's can be had on ebay for £20 - i'd rather pay the £75 and get the real thing.

Man of Honour
Maz said:
Sorry Gilly fake is fake.

A replica won't make you FEEL as good as the real thing.
lol

I didn't buy my watch to feel good. I bought it because I liked it.

And it looks 100 times better, and is much better quality, and cost a quarter of the price of the one in the OP :)

Maz

Maz

Soldato
Gilly said:
lol

I didn't buy my watch to feel good. I bought it because I liked it.

And it looks 100 times better, and is much better quality, and cost a quarter of the price of the one in the OP :)

I've also got a Seamaster.

Could have got a replica for a 10th of what I paid for my new one, but I didn't because I would always be uncomfortable of the fact that it's a fake and not real.

Man of Honour
Maz said:
True,.

So I take it you have had first hand experience of the quality of Chanel watches?
Can't say I have actually. When talking about the quality I meant the movement. And that'll be generic movement as Chanel (as far as I know) don't make their own movements. I'm wondering what kind of markup they have.
disfunktion said:
lol, stop mocking my watch! :p
Sorry dude :( Just the way I'm feeling...

Back
Top Bottom