1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I mount my PSU fan down?

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by Guitarman0, 10 Mar 2010.

1. Guitarman0

Wise Guy

I have an antec 300 and and an OCZ ModXStream Pro and am wondering can I mount the PSU fan down or does it have to be mounted fan up? Thanks.

2. johnny sublime

Hitman

no but if you cut a hole in the bottom under were the psu mounts you should have no probs

3. Philtor

Soldato

I have mine with the fan facing up and I think Antec recommend for it to be installed this way. I think you can install it the other way around but I would have thought the PSU fan will have to work much harder as a result given the limited space beneath it.

4. kerrgreg

Wise Guy

I used to have mine facing down had not problems (not using ur case though) but there was about 5mm of space for air to flow under it new psu is too big now

5. Diggsy

Mobster

I installed one for a friend with the fan upside down. There's plenty of room there for the PSU fan to get air, just make sure you don't clog the front of it up with a mess of cables.

6. Ryan111

Wise Guy

I have an antec 300 and Corair vx550 PSU mounted fan down and it runs fine, cool too :)

7. Gary*

Hitman

I used the 600w version in my Antec 300 and had it fan down, ran fine. Switched to the Fractal Design case for neater looks, temps have risen by 5 degrees or so, but still happy.

8. Geek.

Hitman

i have done it with a seasonic s12 psu and it is fine to do!