Can I topup my MINI ONE with this engine oil?

JLJ

JLJ

Associate
So my wife's MINI ONE 2013 drinks a load of engine oil and I have run out of 5W-30.
I do have a few bottles of Shell Helix Ultra Professional AJ-L 0W-30 for my Discovery Sport, but it has never needed any oil.
Will I screw up the MINI if I use this instead?
Thanks

Soldato
Out of interest do you service her car yourself?

My Mrs has a Mk7 fiesta which used to consume a bit of oil, now I've started doing it myself and using the proper ford recommend oil with those correct numbers on(not the viscosity like a longer number) and now it doesn't consume oil anymore.

JLJ

JLJ

Associate
OP
Out of interest do you service her car yourself?

My Mrs has a Mk7 fiesta which used to consume a bit of oil, now I've started doing it myself and using the proper ford recommend oil with those correct numbers on(not the viscosity like a longer number) and now it doesn't consume oil anymore.

Nope, my local Indy garage does it. I bought some 5W-40 online, its rated for BMW long life which I believe is the spec for mini, and some internet page said use the 40, it might help with the engine oil consumption.
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Soldato
Nope, my local Indy garage does it. I bought some 5W-40 online, its rated for BMW long life which I believe is the spec for mini, and some internet page said use the 40, it might help with the engine oil consumption.
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Hmmm like me then previously, I suspect they just put in generic engine oil that might not 100% suitable but good enough to "get away with".

It's WSS-M2C-913-D specification the her Fiesta states and it does seem to make a difference.

Caporegime
That oil is a 2.9HTHS oil. Your BMW needs a 3.5cP HTHS oil

Obviously better than no oil but not ideal and won’t help the burning.

Suggest you try a 5W-40 with BMW LL-04 spec

Back
Top Bottom