Can I use two anti trojan applications?

Associate
Can I use two anti trojan applications? Anybody know? Im using norton as an antivirus but would like to use a couple of anti trojan apps to protect against trojans. I have ewido installed and am looking at installing a secondary anti trojan app

Soldato
Yes of course, but it's probably pretty overkill. Oh, and generally any Norton Anti-Virus program is the devils work made code. Bleurgh.

The best way to protect against Trojans is to not download and run anything stupid in the first place :)

Ant :cool:

Associate
Running two anti trojan or two antispyware programs should not cause problems just DON'T run two anti-virus programs at ONCE. Check forums first on your chosen program for possible conflicts with other software. Running Norton Anti-virus & Kaspersky Anti-virus at the same time can be a great way to kill windows. Personally I use 1 anti-virus program, 1 anti-trojan & 1 or 2 anti-spyware programs on my system. The best way to protect your system is to use common sense and try to avoid files likely to be infected in the first place. Peer to peer programs are a great way to test your anti-virus defences if you don't scan what you download. I leave recommendations to other forum members. I do however find my anti-spyware programs are tested far more than my anti-trojan program.

Soldato
I use a combination of them.

Adaware
SpyBot S&D
NoAdware
Spyware Doctor

To be honest, I am seriously considering dropping S&D because its not that much use anymore.

Adaware is perhaps my favourite due to its immense speed over the others, but in terms of Power, its probably Spyware Doctor thats the one thats ahead of the rest.

Using more than one spyware app is NEVER overkill.

I can run any 3 of these and I can bet that the 4th one will probably find somethign that the others missed ( Not really, but definitely if I have not run a check in a few weeks )

As for not going to iffy sites or downloading suspicious files etc, this does not mean that doing everythign properly will mean that you wont get spyware.

I did a small test several months ago, and installed XP onto a PC, and got it connected to the internet, I ran Adaware and it found 9 entries... Now, this is nothing as there are this much on a fresh install anyway, but I left the PC running for 5 days, came back and I found 35 entries... Where did they come from?

firewallblocked said:
Norton Anti-virus 2005 & 2006 created to boost the sales of ddr memory. :)

:D

Back
Top Bottom