Can my psu handle these ??

Associate
I have a 500W PSU

I currently have an i5-2400 CPU

I’m wondering if a rx580 gpu would work with this psu

I’ve calculated that both the CPU and GPU power will equal a total of 535W

will this cause issues? Will this even be possible or do I need more W

(Btw im aware of the bottle neck with my cpu I’ll be upgrading in the future)

thanks in advance !!

Associate
I think it should be fine, especially if its a decent power supply.

"A processor like the Core i5 2500K for example consumes only 106 Watts, and that is with all cores stressed, and that's including an H67 chipset, one solid state drive, the memory and active cooler, no dedicated graphics card. Once that processor goes into an IDLE state (and again -- without a dedicated graphics card) we measure merely 34 Watts IDLE power consumption. And that's just crazy."

Quoted from here https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pag...e the Core,cooler, no dedicated graphics card.

Im pretty sure your GPU uses around 180w under full load so I would think you would be ok. Others may have better answers :)

Associate
OP
I think it should be fine, especially if its a decent power supply.

"A processor like the Core i5 2500K for example consumes only 106 Watts, and that is with all cores stressed, and that's including an H67 chipset, one solid state drive, the memory and active cooler, no dedicated graphics card. Once that processor goes into an IDLE state (and again -- without a dedicated graphics card) we measure merely 34 Watts IDLE power consumption. And that's just crazy."

Quoted from here https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/core-i5-2500k-and-core-i7-2600k-review,7.html#:~:text=Sandy Bridge Power Consumption and temperatures,-Here's where we&text=A processor like the Core,cooler, no dedicated graphics card.

Im pretty sure your GPU uses around 180w under full load so I would think you would be ok. Others may have better answers :)

Thanks for the great answer ! This has cleared up some worries , I look forward to my upgrades!! :)

Back
Top Bottom