Can someone finish off this design please

Soldato
OP
Well guys I have manage to drill a tiny hole through the end of the rod thats holding the torch in and dropped a panel pin through it, so there's no way the rod is moving now.

Also I bought a rear red led for the back of the chair, printed out a holder to stick on the back of the chair to slide the light onto. It looks a bit of a mess because I had to stick some tape into the part where the light sides onto because was a bit loose, you cant see the mess in real life as the camera shows every thing, even those scratches the you can barely see in real life.....

These 3d printers are real useful.

OLuMJyO.jpg

mveNdGP.jpg

Hcix6oF.jpg

Soldato
Did you know your class 2 chair is not supposed to on the road?
Unless there is no pavement.

• front and rear lights and reflectors
  • direction indicators able to operate as a hazard warning signal
  • an audible horn
  • a rear view mirror
  • an amber flashing light if it’s used on a dual carriageway
https://www.gov.uk/mobility-scooter...irs-rules/rules-for-class-3-invalid-carriages

Mine is a class 3(16 mph :D). So I am ok to go on the road.
Next time to upgrade your chair. Ask for an 8 mph one or tell them you want to buy a chair of your choice.

Soldato
OP
I never knew that... The the next version up to mine is 8mph with back and front lights,, I would have had that if it was up to me, but thats the NHS for you. I asked for a outdoor/offroad chair and all they could give me was a chair with larger wheels and rubbish suspension.

But these lights on these scooters are pretty useless anyway because all you get are brake lights and the normal rear red lights, so when you put the headlight on the rear lights come on. No flashing lights at all and I think a flashing bright light is much more eye catching then a solid light?

Soldato
OP
Just thinking about it, if I had a faster chair, it would be heavier and bigger and that wouldnt any good as Im inside 99% of the time because I use the chair from the moment I get up, till the time I go to bed, so I like the chair as small as possible and plus sometimes it gets lifted into cars aswel.

I have also installed a mile/speedo counter on my chair and since getting the chair last June I have done 307miles,, crazy hey?

Soldato
Just thinking about it, if I had a faster chair, it would be heavier and bigger and that wouldnt any good as Im inside 99% of the time because I use the chair from the moment I get up, till the time I go to bed, so I like the chair as small as possible and plus sometimes it gets lifted into cars aswel.

I have also installed a mile/speedo counter on my chair and since getting the chair last June I have done 307miles,, crazy hey?

It's the batteries not the motors that will way more in a 6-8 mph chair.

You could convert to LifePO4 cells. Lighter and way better.

Back
Top Bottom