can veggies own a dog?

Permabanned
Adeline said:
I have been veggie for the past year and I have owned many animals in the past 18 years.
I believe that as long as animal is taken care of and fed it shouldn't matter what they eat.

Is it right for veggie's to own animals? I can't see what the problem is.
It is nature that animal's eat other animal's and just because someone is veggie doesn't mean to say they are not going to own an animal as they eat meat.

That's like saying will a veggie date a person who eat's meat?
More than likely yes as I am one of them.
You are not going to not own an animal if they eat meat, as it's part of there nature to do so.

Everyone has the choice to eat what they want. I have chosen not to eat meat as I didn't agree with how animal's are killed.
I do not tell people not to eat meat as they ar there own person to make such a decision.

Might want to seriously rethink your sig size!? lol

Soldato
phykell said:
...or do you know much more on the subject than the people in question and the producers of vegetarian pet food? Maybe you should contact the manufacturers and tell them that you're absolutley positive that their food poses a risk to any pet fed on it.

Actually, I know a hell of a lot on the subject. I have a cat that suffers from food allergies and had to do tons of research on the subject. Obviously cats and dogs have different dietary requirements, but I still learned a lot.

Anyway, my point was nothing to do with how good the food is - my issue is with taking the choice away from the animal. How about anybody who wishes to feed their dog a veggie diet performs a test first. Give the dog a choice between the two. If the dog prefers the veggie stuff then fair enough. I don't think many veggies would do that tho - because we all know what the result would be and they would have to live with the guilt of forcing something the dog doesn't really want down its throat.

Sure, owning a pet is always going to be a compromise on the animals natural environment/lifestyle/etc, but you should at least try and do the best you can - and seeing as food is probably a dog's greatest pleasure in life, I think you could at least give it what it wants. I don't give a flying fig that veggie food might be "fine", and I'm sure the dog doesn't either.

Back
Top Bottom