Can you access this?

Caporegime
As a slight aside, dishing out proper DNS IPs using DHCP is a better idea than using the router as a DHCP proxy (ie in place of 192.168.0.1, the machines get given the actual DNS servers).

Soldato
OP
tolien said:
As a slight aside, dishing out proper DNS IPs using DHCP is a better idea than using the router as a DHCP proxy (ie in place of 192.168.0.1, the machines get given the actual DNS servers).

The Pipex DNS is working fine for this URL now.

I have "Domain Name Server (DNS) Address - Get Automatically From ISP" selected - is this the best way?

Caporegime
FunkyT said:
I have "Domain Name Server (DNS) Address - Get Automatically From ISP" selected - is this the best way?

Depends if the machines are getting the ISP's DNS servers from DHCP, or the router as DNS server. ipconfig /all is your friend.

Associate
Your best bet is usually to configure DHCP with one server from your ISP and one 3rd party one as secondary. It's highly unlikely both will go screwy at the same time.

Man of Honour
Skilldibop said:
Your best bet is usually to configure DHCP with one server from your ISP and one 3rd party one as secondary. It's highly unlikely both will go screwy at the same time.

except many isps are restricting access to third party dns, or restricting access to their own dns from third party connections. a little paranoid mainly but they're doing it...

Soldato
OP
tolien said:
Holy old thread revival - you trying to boost your post count (since you could have some of mine :D)? :p

It might sound bizarre but I like to acknowledge people for their help. Sometimes it takes me a few months but I always try to do it :D

Back
Top Bottom