Can you buy better?

Caporegime
I don’t understand, people have come in OMG VX!!!!25KKK. they have totally misread the thread seen the VXR part and posted a load of rubbish.

Anyway :D

Well not really. Yes it's cheap for a brand new car of it's spec, but given £25k, I'd still not buy one, I'd rather own a used vehicle of better quality, looks, and drive, than buy the car posted.

So other than proving that the VXR is cheap (because it's cheap to build, and of a lesser marque than it's competition), what is this thread in aid of?

Soldato
Because you're blind.

Blinded by the badge.

Although, that's not what the thread is about.

absolutely. technologically, none of their stuff is proven and look how badly MRLOLs car survived. an audi torsen 4wd system is good for nearly double the stadnard horse power, its built to last.

who would risk that with a vauxhall? no one will buy one privately, theyll be lease/company car and i bet theyll depreciate like stones

Permabanned
I really need to test drive the VXR at some point, most places I've read have really liked it, and the novelty of an AWD VXR is pretty good.

Its a shame we don't really get any interesting Vauxhall demos over here.

look how badly MRLOLs car survived. an audi torsen 4wd system is good for nearly double the stadnard horse power, its built to last.

Why are you comparing the drivetrain from a different (TUNED) Vauxhall to the Insignia VXR?

Caporegime
Price in Ad £24,666 then it states:

Vehicle Details:Choice of Colours From £25999

Maybe they haven't updated all parts of the ad. I wonder what the price for the top spec is though.

I think it's a misleading ad and unless you know the exact spec you are getting for the £26k and not some random spec that you might get.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Well not really. Yes it's cheap for a brand new car of it's spec, but given £25k, I'd still not buy one, I'd rather own a used vehicle of better quality, looks, and drive, than buy the car posted.

So other than proving that the VXR is cheap (because it's cheap to build, and of a lesser marque than it's competition), what is this thread in aid of?

Oh my, are you serious? Why don’t we just not bother with a public forum? I’m posing because I can does every tom dick and harry need a reason to do so?

Why did I bother.

Man of Honour
Oh my, are you serious? Why don’t we just not bother with a public forum? I’m posing because I can does every tom dick and harry need a reason to do so?

To be honest I'm with you on this. Sure its not what I'd spend £25k on, its not what I'd spend £10k on, but its £7000 off list price and whats wrong with having a debate about the merits of it?

It IS a lot of car for the money. A lot of crap car or a lot of great car depends on your point of view.

Permabanned
OP
[TW]Fox;15994562 said:
To be honest I'm with you on this. Sure its not what I'd spend £25k on, its not what I'd spend £10k on, but its £7000 off list price and whats wrong with having a debate about the merits of it?

It IS a lot of car for the money. A lot of crap car or a lot of great car depends on your point of view.

Thank you :) I seem to be getting a lot of abuse and being called a troll on here.

Thats the point to have a discussion like this.

Caporegime
Upon looking more and on the dealer site, I think this is total hogwash, they are just sticking phantom cars out to get business.

I wouldn't be surprised if you called up and got spun a line about how that's starting price. You're going to get Nav etc and all the options for that price, would be base car at best.

Permabanned
would you trust them?

Yes, my old Corsa VXR was fine.

But judging a manufacturer on a consumable item failing on a tuned car by a user that admits it was down to abuse, seems a little moronic to me?

I know of someone two traded in his 6 month old RS4 for a Corsa VXR after he had the 16th shock failed and replaced on his RS4.
Should I start boycotting Audi's every time they are mentioned?

Soldato
Yes, my old Corsa VXR was fine.

But judging a manufacturer on a consumable item failing on a tuned car by a user that admits it was down to abuse, seems a little moronic to me?

thats a bit rude, dont you think? if youd take the risk, go buy one, but they have no experience in doing drivelines for high powered cars (160bhp corsa isnt high powered)

a fwd vectra would be no where near as stressed as a similar powered 4wd driveline as 4wd doesnt have the option to wheelspin

Soldato
I know of someone two traded in his 6 month old RS4 for a Corsa VXR after he had the 16th shock failed and replaced on his RS4.
Should I start boycotting Audi's every time they are mentioned?

sounds like a very tall story, but thats either a really bad or just made up example. dampers are not unique to audi and vauxhall, if that one model had bad dampers then so be it, but dampers are common to all cars

in the instance were talking about, its 300+bhp and 4wd which is unique to vauxhall, who on MRLOLs car has shown theyre not good at attmpting to dishout c.300bhp and 4wd would only make it worse

Permabanned
thats a bit rude, dont you think? if youd take the risk, go buy one, but they have no experience in doing drivelines for high powered cars (160bhp corsa isnt high powered)

a fwd vectra would be no where near as stressed as a similar powered 4wd driveline as 4wd doesnt have the option to wheelspin

LOL way to show how little you know/understand about cars on more than one level.

Ps. the Corsa VXR is 190BHP standard.

if that one model had bad dampers then so be it, but dampers are common to all cars

So are clutches?

in the instance were talking about, its 300+bhp and 4wd which is unique to vauxhall, who on MRLOLs car has shown theyre not good at attmpting to dishout c.300bhp and 4wd would only make it worse

Its a shame that there are several Corsa VXR and Astra VXRs that make over 300BHP without any problems.

Permabanned
OP
Upon looking more and on the dealer site, I think this is total hogwash, they are just sticking phantom cars out to get business.

I wouldn't be surprised if you called up and got spun a line about how that's starting price. You're going to get Nav etc and all the options for that price, would be base car at best.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1509726.htm

Says a saving of 10k so must be a real ad and price?

Soldato
I can see it's merits and the attraction, but it's not something I'd buy. Personally, I'd rather the older BMW Mx or Audi Sx or RSx if I was in this situation. But I'm not.

If it's your cup of tea, I can see it being a good buy, especially when in a year or two the £8k saving cuts off a good bit of the depreciation.

Back
Top Bottom