Can you buy better?

Associate
absolutely. technologically, none of their stuff is proven and look how badly MRLOLs car survived. an audi torsen 4wd system is good for nearly double the stadnard horse power, its built to last.

who would risk that with a vauxhall? no one will buy one privately, theyll be lease/company car and i bet theyll depreciate like stones

C'mon it's not all bad, the Monaro and VX220 immediately spring to mind.

Permabanned
OP
Whilst I'll defend the Insignia, have you spent any particular amount of time in the Insignia - I have one at the moment, and do not agree with this.

Yeah around a full day and it was good! It was a 160ps CDTi SRi and I found it good the quality was much better than any previous VX I have driven.

What do you find bad?

Soldato
thats a bit rude, dont you think? if youd take the risk, go buy one, but they have no experience in doing drivelines for high powered cars (160bhp corsa isnt high powered)

a fwd vectra would be no where near as stressed as a similar powered 4wd driveline as 4wd doesnt have the option to wheelspin

Fail. Do you know what you are talking about?

Settledown, good idea for a thread. And it is difficult to get more car for your money brand new.

However i'd take a Focus RS brand new which may be possible for £25k, if not then slightly more.

Man of Honour
It shows how much discount Vauxhall are having to throw at them to sell them. It has vast depreciation written all over it, even at that price.

Soldato
Fail. Do you know what you are talking about?

Settledown, good idea for a thread. And it is difficult to get more car for your money brand new.

However i'd take a Focus RS brand new which may be possible for £25k, if not then slightly more.

Hmmm, i'm thinking i'd take the Focus over it too. But i don't know why? The Focus interior isn't likely to be massively better, the engine note wouldn't be as good and it's a bit too in your face.

However, i think you'd get a greater sense of "occasion" if you drove the RS, whereas i think that'd fizzle fairly quickly in the Vauxhall.

This car does show Vauxhall in a good light though. The interior isn't nearly as bad as it used to, it's got a proper engine, a turbo charger so you can extract even more power if that's your thing, good stoppers, sporty interior and the magazines like it too - most of them give it 4/5.

Whilst i admit, i'm no fan of Vauxhall car's at all, they are definitely heading in the right direction with the Insignia.

Caporegime
absolutely. technologically, none of their stuff is proven and look how badly MRLOLs car survived.

it was remapped a good 33 % above maximum recommended torque levels for the gearbox.

Thing is, everybody acted like this was completely safe (including courtenay) and there was nothing to worry about.

In hindsight i dont think thats true. It is safe, providing you drive the car in a sympathetic way, acknowleding the fact that every time you put your foot flat to the floor in 3rd, your putting more torque through the gearbox than it was built to cope with.

I think i was complacent in thinking i could drive the car without a care as to what it was doing to the gearbox as everybody said the gearbox was good for that ammount of torque. In hindsight i dont think it was.

Back
Top Bottom