Can you buy better?

Soldato
It shows how much discount Vauxhall are having to throw at them to sell them. It has vast depreciation written all over it, even at that price.

I agree, but the depreciation after 3 years is going to be less than the Audi/BMW variant. I think the £38k Audi (after specced up) will be nearer ~£20k after 3 years where as the £25k Vauxhall will be around £12k.

Caporegime
Just found this on PH http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1400189.htm :eek: :eek:

This has to be the best new car buy? A 2010 reg VXR for £25k is there any new car in the market beat this for value?

That depends on an individual's perception of what defines value.

If you mean how fast can you go for £25k for a new car, then it's probably as good as you can do if you're content with a chav mobile and don't want to start building kit cars etc.

And I actually think that interior looks quite good for a Vauxhall, bar the excess chrome effect plastic (I assume) around the bottom of the wheel.

14001897.jpg

Man of Honour
I had loads of Cavaliers, awful bloody things one and all when I look back, though didn't think that when I had them.

Soldato
Given that by all accounts the Insignia VXR is a very good car I think that 25k (assuming its real) is excellent value for money when compared to its list price.

Man of Honour
so dropping 30k+ in 6 years is what?

If this was sold at list price it would loose that in 1 year and how many people have kept their M3 for 6 years. I sold both mine in 18 months and lost around £12K with high mileages. Your comparison is tuds.

Last edited:
Soldato
I agree, but the depreciation after 3 years is going to be less than the Audi/BMW variant. I think the £38k Audi (after specced up) will be nearer ~£20k after 3 years where as the £25k Vauxhall will be around £12k.

The only relative comparison would be Depreciation by %. In which you're right, the Vauxhall will depreciate more.

Soldato
Who cares about depreciation, it's a great performance car at a cheap price.

What's your beef chief? Depreciation IS important, and is what means this vehicle will be a bargain in a few years. If you're that person who buys stuff without thinking about future value, go ahead.

Soldato
It looks like quite a good deal for a brand new one to me, I think you would struggle to get a more all round car for £25k brand spanking new. It wouldn't be what I would spend £25k on, but I can't deny, it's a lot of metal for the money if you are buying new.

I'm not sure what I would buy for £25k right now, I think most likely a used but pristine E60 BMW 550i, I've seen them around this budget.

Last edited:
Soldato
in the instance were talking about, its 300+bhp and 4wd which is unique to vauxhall, who on MRLOLs car has shown theyre not good at attmpting to dishout c.300bhp and 4wd would only make it worse

If you remap a diesel A4 and drive it around hard the clutch will fail does that mean your S4 has a poor clutch and drive train ? You just can't compare the two the Insignia has a totally different drive train and no doubt a bigger clutch.

Associate
I don't see how he's trolling?

25k for a brand new 2.8l V6 Turbo AWD with bucket seats, 4 pot Brembo's, not bad build quality and Sat Nav isn't bad at all?

I had a stock 1.8 one of these as a hire car while my a4 is having a new engine put in.

would not say good build quality really it rattled lots the plastics felt cheap knobs for ac felt like they would come off in my hand.

the cruise was one of the most comical things although i think this was down to the 1.8 being underpowered for the car. up a hill you feel the car lurching about trying to maintain speed and down hills it feels like the car is trying to make your face become friendly with the windscreen.

however i can imagine a larger engine removing this problem.

once at speed on a flat road it was a reasonable place to be though far better than the previous vectra, not as good as a mondeo and no where near the german equivilents.

and for 25k new thats a fair bit of car although ywould not be my choice

regards
andy

I fail to see how Mr LOL's vectra has anything to do with this? This is the Insignia not a Vectra and the Vectra was sports remapped (although I honestly don't know if the engine and drivetrain have just been carried over or not).

I imagine it is a lot of new car for £25,000, however I would be looking at <2year old cars that are well priced due to the recession. No matter how good a car is, it will be sneered at for the badge by badge snobs.

Back
Top Bottom