Can you buy better?

Caporegime
I fail to see how Mr LOL's vectra has anything to do with this? This is the Insignia not a Vectra and the Vectra was sports remapped (although I honestly don't know if the engine and drivetrain have just been carried over or not).

it has

it uses the same 2.8 block and F40 gearbox that is only rated to 300 lb/ft of constant torque.

They have fitted a bigger turbo, improved water radiator and intercooler design, and changes a few bits and pieces but its broadly the same engine.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I know those pictures were taken far too close and the bumpers are out of proportion, but that thing is hideous.

Permabanned
Citation needed.

I find it very hard to believe that they would be able to take the existing Vectra gearbox and modify it for 4wd without fundamentally and massively altering its design.

Last edited:
Soldato
Right..... Let me guess you drive a Bently? Poo sandwich please.
No, I actually drive a disel VW Bora, it's a workhorse at nearly 250k miles it hasn't missed a beat in my ownership.

I'd rather have something older that looks nice, drives nice, has an interior thats not made out of old icecream tubs and is generally more reliable.
I could have bought a fairly new corsa or something but I decided to get something half decent.

Last edited:
Soldato
Citation needed.

I find it very hard to believe that they would be able to take the existing Vectra gearbox and modify it for 4wd without fundamentally and massively altering its design.

Why would it? the gearbox would still only have one spinning output, its the AWD System itself that does the faffing about with the driveshafts etc. I.e Kuga 2.0TDCi vs Focus 2.0TDCi.

Associate
Impreza STi UK type.

About £25k new, quicker and prettier

after 4 pages somebody finally comes up with an alternative after all the bitching, good on you mate!

p.s all the moaning about vauxhaul drivetrains, i maybe mistaken but mrLOL clutch went, not his gearbox, if im wrong i apologise.

if im right though, your all moaning that a standard clutch went when he turned up the boost higher than stock and subjected the clutch to much higher torque ratings than it was manufactured for, its like getting a veryon, turning the boost up and pushing 1500bhp then say the build quality is rubbish because it made the clutch slip!

Permabanned
This is the trouble, and you get it a lot over on the Vauxhall forums - people seem to think it is a god given right that the car they've bought (quite clearly without researching) must be tuneable to one million billion bhp - and that the Vauxhall should provide a warranty when you try.

Associate
haldex on audis = fwd gayness that occassional sends some power to the back
Are you going to post anything useful? MrLOL openly admits that he drove it like he stole it after a remap, and that its very uncommon anyway.

OP is talking about NEW 2010 performance cars. Will you stop wittering on about Audi unless you can see a 2010 model for £25k or less.

I can't see anything on the market that touches it if you're top end budget is at £25k for a new car.

Back
Top Bottom