Can you feel the force?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
i might of failed GCSE physics.. but the only thing I remember (and have just checked in the text book + the a4 sheet our teacher gave us) is that gravity IS an acceleration and not a force

Permabanned
Originally posted by Conanius
i might of failed GCSE physics.. but the only thing I remember (and have just checked in the text book + the a4 sheet our teacher gave us) is that gravity IS an acceleration and not a force
Originally posted by HowStuffWorks
Gravity is the other common force. Newton was the first person to study it seriously, and he came up with the law of universal gravitation:

Each particle of matter attracts every other particle with a force which is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.
The standard formula for gravity is:

Gravitational force = (G * m1 * m2) / (d2)

hence a FORCE

Associate
Grrrr..

F=mA

Force=mass x acceleration

Any object with mass experiences a force due to gravity, causing it to accelerate at 9.81 m/s/s

Something must experience a force to accelerate. That force is gravity in this case!

Associate
I currently see the force of war rudely awakening many people and forcing them to confront how the planet earth is developing today.

Soldato
Well, unsure of what you're onabout, so Google was my saviour.

TheForce.jpg

Can't say I'm feeling it at the moment, but you never know whats roud the corner.

Soldato
Originally posted by Fusion
Alpha will beat you over the head with a cane when he reads this :eek: :p
Gravity is a field, force is the effect of this field on a mass. So although gravity itself is not a force, any matter is having a force exerted upon it, simply through being within the gravitational field. So in that respect it is a force.

/ me sits on fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom