Can you get a better view in a city...?

Permabanned
OP

axe

axe

Suspended
Youstolemyname said:
The contrasting architectural styles of the waterfront of Liverpool. Shame this pic doesn't go a little more to the right to take in the Anglican Cathedral as well.

Loving the modern on the left and the old on the right looks cool

Permabanned
OP
iCraig said:
You're really loving where you live arn't you penski? :)

Yup - It genuinely feels like 'home'...I've been calmer and more relaxed over the last five months than I have at any other point in my life. :)

*n

ojo

ojo

Permabanned
Youstolemyname said:
The contrasting architectural styles of the waterfront of Liverpool. Shame this pic doesn't go a little more to the right to take in the Anglican Cathedral as well.

The Liverpool waterfront is amazing. Shame you can only see it from a boat or Birkenhead :p ;)

Soldato
axe said:
Loving the modern on the left and the old on the right looks cool

The left part will have two more big modern towers soon. You can just see the base of the Unity tower building being built next to the Thistle hotel (above the ferry). Another Beetham tower is going up just off camera to the left. The existing beetham tower is the glass fronted building on the far left. Im going to look at a flat in there next week with the other half.

I work in a part of the odd brown sandcastle shaped building so the flat in the Beetham tower would be nice and handy for work :cool:

Pho

Pho

Soldato
penski said:
Have fun, dude :)
I hope it's more succesful than my PSP 7 cut n paste job :D

*n

:D would have replied earlier but was eating. Here you go:

I have a 2mb 'full quality' image if you want too. I also rendered (again using the software) a quicktime VR movie (you can pan around using your mouse).

The software was http://www.illisis.com/eng/ivista.html and it takes literally 5 minutes to do :).

Soldato
What you really want is a shot of the Newcastle Skyline from the observation deck of the Baltic. Beautiful, beautiful place. Look from Newcastle across the river though and all you can see is that foul car park. :p

Not a bad shot btw Penski, made Cruddas Park look a MILLION times better than it actually is. Scary place. An old work colleague of mine got shot from the 12th floor in one of those! Someone actually shot him from the 13th of the neighbouring one, nailed him right in the leg. :p

Soldato
Hmm, looks like a cross between a huge council estate and an equally huge industrial estate :/

Good picture when stitched though.

Permabanned
OP
NickXX said:
Hmm, looks like a cross between a huge council estate and an equally huge industrial estate :/

Other than Cruddas Park (that big bunch of towers), it's mostly the college, a business park, bridges and the arena...

Anyway...What's wrong with council estates?

*n

Man of Honour
I wouldn't say anything was wrong with council estates, they just aren't the most aesthetically pleasing places in the world.

The OP's pic is my favourite so far. I think you'd have to love Liverpool to like the pic of the city, it just looks like a few buildings lumped together next to water to me rather than anything worth looking at.

There are some great views of Leeds along the waterfront, but no real viewpoints of the city itself that I've seen. Maybe from the top of the Uni building. This is a great pic of the sunset over Leeds, but its a shame it wasn't taken 10 mins earlier.

This is quite a nice pic of the riverside but it would have been better about the time of the other pic :p

Associate
Youstolemyname said:

Hey, they missed the Anglican out! :mad:

Looks pretty cool at night also.

Image020.jpg

Back
Top Bottom