1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you Get a Parralell Port to USB Cable?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dustbinladen, 15 Dec 2006.

1. dustbinladen

Hitman

Can you Get a Parralell Port to USB Cable?

And Not a USB to Parralel. Just that I want new Scanner/Printer and plan to use on another Computer which suffers from USB Problems ideally I want to use the Parralel Printer Port.

2. daven1986

Mobster

i think you can, although i may be thinking about a usb to parrallel. have a google for it, might find something.

3. dustbinladen

Hitman

Found only one in Canada or Something. I have had another Idea.
    To buy a PCI USB2 Card to go in the PCI Slot.

4. ooEy

Hitman

Yes you can deffo get them, i have 5 of them in my shop now. Not cheap tho looking at about £25.

5. dustbinladen

Hitman

£25 Bit More Than I want to go to. I see you can get PCI Cards with about 4 USB Slots on. Do you think these work independant of the Motherboard.
    For example When plugging anything into the USB now it comes to Complete Slowdown and Locks up and gets black Screen Crashes Etc.
    I have had a motherboard do this before which was the Overclocking Reccomended (I forgot now) For the Old Athlon 1.4 etc. Anyway no matter What Bios Updates and Patches it never solved it. But Do you Reckon a Standalone PCI USB Card Will Work a Treat With the Current one?