• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can you recommend me my first Nvidia in 20 years RTX 2080

Soldato
Every single time I update my nvidia driver it defaults the Limited Range RGB 16-235 i have to set it to full 0-255. A bit annoying but a 10 second fix and stops colours looking washed out for me.

Soldato
OP
Every single time I update my nvidia driver it defaults the Limited Range RGB 16-235 i have to set it to full 0-255. A bit annoying but a 10 second fix and stops colours looking washed out for me.
That's what I was trying to say a few posts back, I read about this before, this would explain the washed out colours mentioned previously and the better looking amd output

bru

bru

Soldato
I would get a 5700xt for £370 any day
But if you want to see how badly the "market analysts" got it wrong, I was amd for 20 years and just bought a 2080 and sold my radeon 7, and on the MM there are people selling their vegas for the same reason

Your quote from the Navi thread.

What one did you go for in the end?

bru

bru

Soldato
Hehe, I've not read any horror stories, about them, it's a got a good cooler on it.
How much you get one for if you don't mind me asking?

Soldato
The Palit card is amazing, I have a 350w bios on it now (225w on the stock bios) it Oc to 2070mhz core and 7700mhz mem and holds that at 65.C with basically no noise at all :eek:
The cooler on my GTX 1080 by Palit is the best I've ever owned, I've got nothing bad to say about them and they are even reasonably priced vs the competition.

How does it compare to your Radeon VII by the way?

Soldato
OP
The cooler on my GTX 1080 by Palit is the best I've ever owned, I've got nothing bad to say about them and they are even reasonably priced vs the competition.

How does it compare to your Radeon VII by the way?
Honestly, it's a different league, I was explaining to another member that it's like this.

Radeon VII = Ford Focus St - £190 mph
Nvidia = Porsche - 199 mph
Same price for each, but its not just the speed that is slightly different, they just feel in a different league.

I will say that the radeon 7's hbm2 ram makes games loading times non existent compared to the nvidia gddr6, its like the difference between ssd and hdd.
And the drivers are much nicer with the AMD but if they crash the pc needs restarting, as with the nvidia if it crashes it just recovers itself.
I hate to say this but although i loved my radeon 7 so much, this card is just better in nearly every way..........

Soldato
Honestly, it's a different league, I was explaining to another member that it's like this.

Radeon VII = Ford Focus St - £190 mph
Nvidia = Porsche - 199 mph
Same price for each, but its not just the speed that is slightly different, they just feel in a different league.

I will say that the radeon 7's hbm2 ram makes games loading times non existent compared to the nvidia gddr6, its like the difference between ssd and hdd.
And the drivers are much nicer with the AMD but if they crash the pc needs restarting, as with the nvidia if it crashes it just recovers itself.
I hate to say this but although i loved my radeon 7 so much, this card is just better in nearly every way..........
I think a lot of that is down to Palit as their cards from my experience are excellent, Nvidia's Founders Edition is still quite hot and noisy although better than other reference cards.

How is frametime consistency and general smoothness because in some games (YouTube videos) I see AMD doing better?

I'm glad you are happy though, at least Nvidia don't make their customers wait endlessly for mediocre GPUs.

Soldato
OP
I think a lot of that is down to Palit as their cards from my experience are excellent, Nvidia's Founders Edition is still quite hot and noisy although better than other reference cards.

How is frametime consistency and general smoothness because in some games (YouTube videos) I see AMD doing better?

I'm glad you are happy though, at least Nvidia don't make their customers wait endlessly for mediocre GPUs.
Honestly, it seems smoother than amd and the gsync compatibility on my free sync is actually better than when it was free sync with my Radeon 7

Soldato
Fair enough as long as yours clocks well it should be good, + you got it a bit cheaper too ?
I'm trying to put my Vega64 onto a 360mm rad, (not working out too well using the stock lc64 pump), purely to keep the noise down and I do think this will be my last gpu.
I've no interest in upgrading, I'm sick of the price fixing, and the stagnant state of game tech graphics.

Soldato
OP
Fair enough as long as yours clocks well it should be good, + you got it a bit cheaper too ?
I'm trying to put my Vega64 onto a 360mm rad, (not working out too well using the stock lc64 pump), purely to keep the noise down and I do think this will be my last gpu.
I've no interest in upgrading, I'm sick of the price fixing, and the stagnant state of game tech graphics.
I understand that's why I got this card after selling my Radeon 7,it will be it until i see something really worth while, if it doesn't happen by the end of next year I will get a console with mouse and keyboard

Back
Top Bottom