• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can you unlock the multiplyer on a Sempron 2800

Associate
Dam I dont know why 2m should take much longer but my sempron is 1.41 when I first load windows at 2.25ghz. 1m time is 43.8 and I havent got the dual core working yet :D

Get RMclock as well as that shows more info including throttling if any is happening.

You could probably run superpi twice over at the same time and get the same score on a dual core. It does illustrate the advantage of proper multitasking and HT though, how common is dual core now in the general public ?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Out of curiosity (I've never run SuperPI) I loaded this up on my dual Xeon server (2x2GHz Xeons @ 3GHz on stock coolers).. I assume 48s for 1M and 1m 52s for 2M scores are okay?

I was thinking of selling on the pair of Xeons and mobo (PCH-DL) and get an AMD dual core setup, do you guys think this will be any real improvement?

Caporegime
riddlermarc said:
Out of curiosity (I've never run SuperPI) I loaded this up on my dual Xeon server (2x2GHz Xeons @ 3GHz on stock coolers).. I assume 48s for 1M and 1m 52s for 2M scores are okay?

I was thinking of selling on the pair of Xeons and mobo (PCH-DL) and get an AMD dual core setup, do you guys think this will be any real improvement?

It depends what you're using it for :)

A decent overclock on an AMD X2 system of around 2.7/2.8 should get you you 32secs pi 1mb, you'll get much better gaming performance if thats your thing and you have a decent GFX card.

Back
Top Bottom