Cancelled auction but already paid - SORTED.

Soldato
OP
paypal say to go via the auction resolution center but they don't seem to have anything for this circumstance.

Whenever I've sold, I don't get the money from Paypal until the buyer confirms receipt. In this case, if the seller never confirms sending, doesn't the payment get cancelled?

the sale in question was for a 2080ti at a nice price and my guess is the guy didn't get a 3080 so cancelled his sale but I always pay immediately I win so now I have money gone to Paypal but hopefully not to him.

Soldato
I've had 2 auctions cancelled on me this month after I paid (on credit card via paypal). Both were refunded very quickly to my card. I don't think there's an option for sellers to cancel the auction without issuing a refund so it's just the PayPal processing time that you need to wait for.

Soldato
OP
I've had 2 auctions cancelled on me this month after I paid (on credit card via paypal). Both were refunded very quickly to my card. I don't think there's an option for sellers to cancel the auction without issuing a refund so it's just the PayPal processing time that you need to wait for.

how quickly is "quickly" may I ask? the auction was cancelled on Thursday last week.

Soldato
The refund showed in my PayPal transactions immediately (and I got emails from payPal at the time to notify me of the refund) I think it was around 2-3 working days to show up on my credit card. I don't remember exactly and my card statement just shows the date the refund was issued (which is the same date I paid for the auction).

Soldato

That's how I thought it worked. Seems odd

Back
Top Bottom