1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot connect to pipex

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by ojo, 26 May 2006.

1. ojo

PermaBanned

Hi

I tried connecting to pipex last night via a Netgear DG834 router. For some reason it simply wil not load any web pages or connect to pipex mail server. From what I can gather there are no outages.

What could cause this problem? The line appears fine (for voice calls). Is there any way of connecting to a test service to see if it is indeed Pipex. I kind of remember a test server frm BT or something along those lines...

If it is the router - what do I do to reset it? I have lost the instructions :o

I also logged onto my Pipex webmail and it had a number of very odd spam emails which I have never recieved before. Could this be connected? Has some bad virusy thing got hold?

Furthermore, I tried to connect via second computer and the problem was the same.

Help please! I am using works internet and leave at 12 :(

2. tolien

Caporegime

Change username to bt_test@startup_domain, or IIRC there's a bt_test@[your realm], where you swap in your realm (ie the bit after the @) from your ordinary username.

3. ojo

PermaBanned

Cheers Tolien. I take it you simply leave the password blank then?

4. tolien

Caporegime

Yup.

5. ojo

PermaBanned

Thanks Tolien. I actually reset the darn router and re-set it up and now it works... :confused:

Anyhow, many thanks as always!