Canon EOS 7Dii Live View

Associate
Hi,

I am trying to do more off camera flash methods ATM. In order to control the ambient light I am using Live View and 7Dii's DP AF face tracking which is pretty good.

When I put the speedlite on the hot shoe and in Manual mode I have set f stop, ISO and shutter for the desired effect. So when I dial the shutter up to reduce ambient light the live view image does not change. However in Live View with no speedlite on the camera and dial up the shutter speed the image on the screen will darken, so why does this not happen in Live View with a speedlite on the camera ! ?

Many thanks

T

Soldato
I would only guess, but as you're using a flash the live view can't simulate it accurately, but knows there will be light so just shows the brightest image it can.

Associate
OP
I would only guess, but as you're using a flash the live view can't simulate it accurately, but knows there will be light so just shows the brightest image it can.

The Sony mirrorless cameras for example will display the actual scene in Live View as per the camera settings. So it is easy to see what the ambient light scene will / actually be recorded in the image.
So I am not requiring the 7Dii to display what image may look like after the flash has fired.
I was just hoping to make doing a shoot and control ambient light if it is too bright

Back
Top Bottom