1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon Image Garden CD printing issues.

Discussion in 'Printers' started by Paul Spittlehouse, 28 Jun 2018.

1. Paul Spittlehouse

Associate

I am writing this post in regards to the software for printing onto CD / DVD's within the Canon Image Garden Software and how hard and restrictive i'm finding it to use.
    The previous printer I had was an Epson RX585 and the software that came with it was fantastic, say for instance you wanted to print onto a disc, all you had to do was open the Epson Print CD software, you'd be presented with a nice blank white disc image with no writing accross it, or what i'd do is just go to background and open an image and it would just put itelf onto the white image and if you wanted to add text, even just one line of text, not three which seems to be the case so far, I really hope I'm wrong and am doing something wrong.

All i need to know is in the templates can you upload your own, as in just have a plain one with no text boxes on it, basically most of my disc printing won't be for family photot's etc they'll be films, CD's etc that I make for my Kids and the text boxes are completely unneccesary to me. I had a look at the
    Easy-PhotoPrint EX Ver.4.7.0 (Windows) which has been discontinued and that looks exactly like what i'm looking for or a way i can set my Image Garden up to operate like this?
    Basically I need to talk to someone who has a lot of experience working with the disc printing part of the software.

I even downloaded it but when you come to try using it it just says printer offline...
    I also downloaded the Epson program i used to use Epson Print CD and naming it ".el8" when it came to the saving option, i was over the moon when i saw that the file had saved looking like an epson file with the little picture at the side of the name of the file but when i opened it, it was just a plain template.
    Any help would be massively appreciated as i don't want to have to use the software how i'm using it at present.
    Thanks, Paul

2. marcus_667

Wise Guy

Hi pal i canned image garden and went and got the old old cd label print instead on my canon printer much more versatile in my opinion

3. ANDARIAL

Soldato

Yeah i only use the cd label print
    Does what it says on the tin!:D