Can't boot Windows 10 ISO from USB on brand new PC

Associate
Hi, I recently built my first PC after wanting to move back to desktop and I am now trying to get it set up with installation of Windows 10, formatting the USB on a Macbook Pro.

I have tried the ISO on two different memory sticks, a cheap 32GB no brand memory stick, and my WD Passport 500GB, neither of which are currently working; I believe both are USB 3.0

The Windows 10 install is 5.42GB so I cannot use MS-DOS (FAT32) format, I have tried exFAT and NTFS through Paragon's 10 day free trial of NTFS for Mac; so far to no success, also tried the below, my windows iso file named exactly the same as in the video too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfqLmaesPvE

The PC boots into the BIOS every time, and the M.2 drive is listed as the boot drive, with my WD not being an option, the only other being disable. When going into other boot options I can the WD is recognised, however when selecting to boot and restart from there I get the message

"reboot and select proper boot device, or insert boot media in selected device"

System:
NZXT H210i
Ryzen 7 3700X
Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi AM4 DDR4 mitx
16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz
Gigabyte Radeon 5700 8GB GPU
Seagate Firecuda 500GB M.2 NVMe ssd
Corsair RM550x 80 Plus Gold

Is there some basic step I am missing? All help and advice greatly appreciated!

Associate
OP
This morning I have confirmed CSM Support is enabled as I thought, and re-tested to confirm, I am still not able to select the WD in boot priority as it does not appear, however it is still being found upon start up of the bios, asking me which of the Seagate and WD I would like to boot from. After trying the WD I still receive the 'reboot and select proper boot device' message

There are 3 options under: CSM Support - enabled
LAN PXE Boot Option ROM - Disabled (all attempts)
Storage Boot Option Control - UEFI Only (options here are UEFI, Legacy, or disabled - I have tried UEFI and Legacy of which neither worked)
Other PCI Device ROM Priority - UEFI Only (same as previous)

I have tried enabling fast boot with all sata devices (no sata drives are connected)
Security option is set to system (other option is setup - not tried)
Bootup Numlock State - On (have not tried off)

thanks

Associate
OP
I’m not sure, how can I check?
Unfortunately not, i built this new desktop last weekend and had my old one couriered to me to try that first (8yr old desktop with extremely little life), and after about 10 mins of use it started to black screen until a point where it wouldn’t go past the safe mode menu as keyboard stopped working

I have just tried using Boot Camp Assistant however with both exFat and ntfs it’s giving me the error of not enough space on drive (500gb)

Soldato
The link previously says the USB drive needs to be FAT32, with the large files split. Just checked a USB installer I've got here, created from Media Creation Tool, and it is FAT32 also.
I couldn't check the Youtube video in OP as not on VPN, is it a similar process used there?
MacOS disk utility (from memory) tells the partition map... It's been a while since I've used it. Edit: Guessing it will just be the partition format that's the issue though.

Back
Top Bottom