Can’t connect to some sites via Chrome on Phone.

Associate
Can’t connect to some sites via Chrome on Phone.

Bizarre! Advice appreciated please. Have been in IT/networking for years, but can’t resolve this problem.

Seems to be a Chrome issue. But only on one device. Connected on my phone to my main WiFi, I can access most websites via Chrome.
But certain major websites won’t load! e.g. The Times, The Telegraph, Amazon. However they load via Firefox!

And they load via Chrome if I use a VPN!

Using same main WiFi on my IPad and Android tablet, they load in Chrome without problem! How can this be? What, on my phone only, is blocking key websites from loading? D

Associate
OP
Thanks - Newish Motorola Moto G6 lots of storage.
Sites load from same phone in Firefox, and load in Chrome if I use VPN.
Bizarre that it is The Times, Telegraph, and Amazon giving main problem. Most sites load OK.
Have tried reinstalling Chrome, and rebooting phone.

What phone is it? Does the sites load on another browser (not chrome)?

> Reboot phone?
> Reinstall chrome?

Permabanned
Got to be a routing issue on the Chrome/ISP I would say. How bizarre! I remember having this issue but from a desktop years ago. I just left it and everything started to work again as it should.

What happens in the default phone browser on the phone? Do the sites load fine then?

Associate
OP
It’s an Android phone, so the default browser is Chrome.
Could be ISP associated, but since same ISP is used for other devices, and Chrome gives no problems, it seems to be a phone/Chrome isssue.

Back
Top Bottom