1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capello appointed new Real coach

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Majago, 6 Jul 2006.

1. Majago

Mobster

The inevitable has happened;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5150932.stm

Is he the right man to take them forward? What players do people envisage him bringing in?

Personally I think he's a good - if not unexpected choice - and won't tolerate any big name players not pulling their weight. Next year might see Real (finally) take the title back...

2. Nedved11

Mobster

I hope he takes with him Emerson, Zebina and Ibrahimovic, since he insists on playing them so much when they have been rubbish all season.

3. [ASSE]Hinchy

Capodecina

Great move for Real Madrid. They needed someone like him back again. He did well for them in his only other season. Successful everywhere he has been.

Should make Real Madrid a big force next season..

4. Nedved11

Mobster

Yes had a little hand in that that was a brilliant Madrid side. There was no one contending Juve however did wonders with Roma. Still he his very much the old school of Italian thought, something Madrid need.

5. ballistic

PermaBanned

He'll probably win the league with Madrid within 2 seasons, he's a brilliant manager no doubt about it. He's got a big job to do at Madrid, getting rid of past it players like Raul, old crap like Beckham and Carlos, a useless defence and some overrated Brazilians.

6. djcj

Wise Guy

Isn't it usually the president or chairman that decides what players are bought. When the recent elections weretaking place they each stated what players they wanted to buy

7. Gilly

Man of Honour

I imagine he'd only take the job on the premise that he had control over the playing staff, etc.

8. del_piero

Gangster

Zebina - how this guy managed to be first choice RB for the whole season is beyond me.

Ibrahimovic - I agree with Martin O'Neill about him, possibly the most overrated player on the planet. His finishing has been awful all season. Should have sold him to Madrid when they had the chance. Won't get anywhere near the £35m that was rumoured, especially since players are gonna go cheap after relegation.

Last edited: 6 Jul 2006
  9. Gilly

Man of Honour

We'd give £35 for him :p

10. del_piero

Gangster

whoops, corrected the typo. If you ask me, £35 would be a rip off anyways. Better off keeping your money

11. Gilly

Man of Honour

Gutted, thats someone we could've afforded :/