Car Accelerator Pedal

Soldato
They're also in the Tuscan which my boss let me have a go in on my birthday, very wierd feeling having the pivot at the bottom but you get used to it :).

BTW i didnt get to drive it properly, was on private land and did a few circles (no, not doughnuts).

Transmission breaker
Don
lol, i have driven loads of cars, owned a few with floor and top mounted pivots. Not once have I thought about it unti I read this thread.

I have only heel and toe(d?) in top mounted ones, as the floor mounted ones have all be auto :p

Soldato
I managed it with my old ST220, I've never really gotten into doing that though, since I've spent most of the last 3 years driving automatics.

Soldato
When heel-toeing (something I've never really considered doing) are people using the heel on the accelerator or on the brake? I assumed it was heel on the accelerator, for the longer pedals at least, but someone demonstrated some heel-toe action with the heel on the brake earlier and it made me wonder.

Soldato
When heel-toeing (something I've never really considered doing) are people using the heel on the accelerator or on the brake? I assumed it was heel on the accelerator, for the longer pedals at least, but someone demonstrated some heel-toe action with the heel on the brake earlier and it made me wonder.

Technique varies depending on person and pedal box.

Usually it's the heel on the throttle, but I use the right side of my right foot in the 146. Pedals are really close.

Back
Top Bottom