Car Advice - What do I part exchange for?

Associate
Hi guys,

Im currently driving a 2003 New shape Renault Megane 1.4.

While Im happy enough with it, I really dont want to wait for it to really start depreciating over the next couple of years.

Im looking for something nice, with a good few extras - Good MPG is a must!

Willing to put about £5k on top of the £5k I could get for my current car.

Forgot to add - im only 22 so insurance has to be considered! :(

Soldato
:confused: its already depreciated loads. i would imagine it would depreciate by less as each year went by, in terms of value.

also i would never part ex a car unless i really had to or was very rich and didnt care. you wont get a good price for it, and if you do its because the car you buy is overpriced.

my 2p. :)

Soldato
Matt said:
VW Golf 1.8 GTi 25th Anniversary? ;)

/me awaits everyone saying it's a rubbish car

Its not the best option for 10k. Nor for mpg.

Golf GT TDi 130/Bora TDi 130 sport/Seat Leon TDi 130

Fairly good performance for a diesel and you will get a lot of miles to the gallon, and will probably not have to spend all of that 10k.

Soldato
Ahhh, good point on the MPG thing!

12k/yr isn't that far really, i'm not that sure it's worth paying the premium for a diesel car with that milage.

You could get a Leon TDi PD150 Cupra though :D Maybe even a yellow one!

Though just taking Leon's as an example, you're looking at £2k MORE for a diesel over a petrol! and £2k buys a LOT of fuel!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Heres a quick question - found this :

2002 MK 4 VW Golf GT TDI, 70,000 miles.
Spec with Leather, Sunroof, Cruise Control, Climate Control, Sport Seats Full GT Spec with Alloys etc, IMMACULATE £7,950. Silver or Black.

Sound any good?

Soldato
Doesn't give you enough information. There are several TDi engines for a start, and you'd be looking for a PD130 or PD150. 'Full GT Spec' seems to imply that it's not actually a GT, but a TDI made to look like one? But maybe that's just me being picky :p

You could get an Audi A4 TDi 130 Sport for under £10k :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Matt said:
You could get an Audi A4 TDi 130 Sport for under £10k :)

Not the decent shape you can't - it'd be the old looking 1995 model for that money.

If you CAN get a 2001-2005 shape A4 TDi 130 Sport in good nick, though, it'd be well worth a look as would something like a BMW 320d SE.

Soldato
There are quite a few on Autotrader, a lot more saloons than Avants though, but they are there :)

media

media

Though these would be a the top end of your budget, so it might not be all that wise to look at them too much ;)

Associate
Unlight said:
Decided to go a bit mad!

Almost decided on a new 2006 Ford Fiesta ST in Panther Black!

Any advice? ;)

Good choice ;)

However economy is not all that, although engine is still running in the best I've managed is 34mpg on a long motorway journey. Mixture of hooning and motorway is about 29/30mpg. All fun miles though :)

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Unlight said:
Decided to go a bit mad!

Almost decided on a new 2006 Ford Fiesta ST in Panther Black!

Any advice? ;)

If it's what you want, go for it. It should hold its value pretty well, you've got a lovely manufacturer's warranty and I doubt the drop in MPG will have much of an affect on your wallet. Kick those nasty tractors into touch :p.

Back
Top Bottom