1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

car audio help please!

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Dreadi, 7 Jun 2006.

1. Dreadi

Soldato

ok so i got my 106 on the road now but it has no radio or anything in it and its kinda killing me as i want to buy a radio cassette player for it but dont no where to look or if it will fit/work in my car. i read about iso lines and positive/negative earths and im lost so if anyone could help me i'd be VERY thankful.

looking for something cheap and chearful to go in a 93 106....

2. VBDub

Hitman

The 106 should as standard have an iso connector where the stereo should be. Then its just a case of getting a normal stereo and a din adapter to get it fully running.

3. thebrasso

Soldato

Check www.caraudiodirect.co.uk

You should be able to find an adaptor for your car.

From there its a case of putting the new headunit in, with the adaptor cable (which will sort out your power and speaker connections etc) and probably plugging the aerial cable in a seperate connector on the headunit.

4. Gav

Wise Guy

106's come with standard ISO connectors. All you have to do is pick a unit.

5. Dreadi

Soldato

so i need to but THIS then first before i can get a unit, then just a case of finding a unit i want?

6. Gav

Wise Guy

not usually. Most 106's have this fitted as standard to the standard radio. You only need one if the original one has been chopped.

7. Dreadi

Soldato

oh, well i looked at it and it didnt look like iso so i bought it. i'll find otu soon anyway