1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car is dead again

Discussion in 'Motors' started by megakid, 18 Feb 2006.

1. megakid

Wise Guy

Looks like Mr AA was right, went out today and my car is flat as a pancake again.

So it looks like a new battery is on the cards - Any recommendations? Im looking for a cheap replacement really but nothing that wont be up to the job (I dont want to spend out on a yellow top or anything too fancy thou).

I've got a ICE install consisting of 2 amps, a sub etc but they were fine on the 11 yr old standard battery (no dimming of lights on bass beats etc) so just a bog standard one will be fine I think.

Any good online prices or is halfords decent enough?!

Cheers!

(sorry about the bad typing/grammar-in a rush)

2. minidan

Hitman

imo, halfords were highly priced.
    i went to motorshop down the road and got a pug 306 diesel one for 30 quid iirc with 3 years warantee wich i dont think you can argue with, try these little car parts shops :)

hth Dan

3. Fallen Hero

Gangster

Don't cut costs with the battery, megakid. Spend a little more and it will be well worth it. I'm not saying buy one from Halfords and spend more that way. Just find a battery outlet that gives good value for money, then spend a bit more with them. The battery is really the heart of your motor isn't it :)

4. Trickle

Wise Guy

Battery would be the balls of the car as it powers all the toys. The engine is the heart.

5. Fallen Hero

Gangster

I stand corrected :D

6. [email protected]

Mobster

I guess in the ideal world, trying to spend more money on the better product is best.

But in some situations, some people just cant do that.

So i guess have you tried your orignal maufactures?

Although once i did spend £80 in ford for a new battery and fitting!! (it was an emergency)

7. megakid

Wise Guy

Ok I just bought a varta blue battery for £44 - I've been told they're good.

I dont really mind as I'm very...very drunk right now. I might regret this in the morning! It better fit...or else!

J

8. Chronos-X

Banned

I bought a Halfords calcium battery when my 205 was having power issues - lots more cold crank than the standard ones :)

9. Fallen Hero

Gangster

Let us know how you got on, although I do hear your model does come with a 'Starting Handle' should be in the boot next to the parachute. :)

10. Jonny69

Man of Honour

Man what happened, elephant, steamroller?