Car Photo Locations

Soldato
Thought this would be an interesting thread for people who, like me, can never find anywhere nice to take the car for a photo.

I hope this stays in the Motors section because its all about the cars and location rather than the photography and I think it will get a better response that it would in the photography section.

It goes like this... (ok not the best photo or location but its all ive got on my new computer)

IMG_0071-2.jpg

Buxton, Derbyshire.
Buxton Park Car Park
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...920199&sspn=0.00224,0.004807&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=18

Went last night and it was empty and a good place to go if it ever snows ;)

This one was from a while back..

IMG_7768-1.jpg

The roaches - In between Leek (Staffordshire Moorlands) & Buxton (Derbyshire)
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...93364&sspn=0.004489,0.009613&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=17

And finally -
n508968702_276563_4524.jpg

Again between Leek & Buxton on a road sign posted to Onecote (Great driving road)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...7671,-1.940246&spn=0.017966,0.038452&t=h&z=15

So you get the idea... My photos all seem to be in the same area and sometime its the most random of places that provides a good setting to park your car up and get a quick snap. It doesn't have to be fantastic countryside scenery either, so even if its down your local industrial estate or in a layby somewhere then post it.

C'mon guys.

(Maps aren't necessary but would be helpful)

Edit - Mods please don't move this because all im interested in is place to park your car for a quick photo. I could reel off lots of local places to go and take photographs but none of them would be locations where I could take my car and park it up in the photo. :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Industrial Estates:
IMG_0067_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

Local Waterfronts:
ph_classic2.jpg

I'll actually have to drive up to the Meon Valley area sometime when the weather improves as that is a great place for car photos and I've yet to shoot there!

Soldato
snowdon1.jpg

Mount Snowdon in the background ^^

leon.jpg

Side of the a640 (part of the MM route) ^^

320D_3.jpg

001.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

Singing Ringing tree carpark near burnley (closest to me so most used :p)

320D_1_2.jpg

overlooking Todmorden ^^

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

And like mrk, industrial estates also awesome ^^

Tom.

Soldato
OP
Some good locations guys! keep it up.

Just out of interest how did you take that? Really impressed with your car photography (seen some others in the past too). Are some your other photo's just a case of dodge/burning untill you get the desired affect?

Also any tips for photographing Black cars at night? Im finding it really difficult. Got access to a whole studio full of equipment and a decent range of Digital SLR's (including a 1 DS mark III)

Im quite handy with photoshop as its my main tool at work but Id prefer to not depend on it so much.

Back
Top Bottom