1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car Rental

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Jay, 17 Jan 2006.

1. Jay

Wise Guy

Hi, I'm looking at travelling to the south of France in the Summer, only thing is i don't fancy going in my car (petrol reasons :D ) I'm trying to look into renting a car to travel from North West England , to South France and back to NW again. I will require the car about a week.

I looked into a few places but could not see if they allowed the cars out the country, and some places required you to be 23.

My circumstances are, aged 21, 4 years experience. I wanted to go for a mondeo sized car with diesel engine.

Has anyone done this before, and recommend any companies?

2. Iceman

Mobster

Think you might struggle
    The places i have rented (well work) you had to be either 23/25 and they had to stay in the country
    Thats was a few years ago but which companies have you tried ???

3. Scottland

Capodecina

I've been looking into doing a similar thing. Except renting from Paris, through to southern Spain ofer a fortnight and I've found it really difficult to find anywhere that'll let me do it for less than a grand :(

What about renting from the Eurotunnel in Calais and back? That way you're not crossing a border in it?

4. Scuzi

Man of Honour

Surely the price of renting a car for a week will far exceed the cost of petrol in your own car unless you drive a very thirsty V12 or something of the sort?